Rome wasn't built in a day

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you think this is OK, you are part of the problem...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ladies and Gentlemen... Ann Arbor Michigan:

020511_snow_annarbor-thumb-590x399-69356.jpg
I'm sure some Florida kids would think that looks cool, and it is for a while like a couple of weeks.

When it's f#$%ing snowing in April and you haven't seen the damn sun since September, not so cool. Cabin fever is real.

There is a reason NO ONE retires in Ann Arbor or Columbus if they have a choice.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure some Florida kids would think that looks cool, and it is for a while like a couple of weeks.

When it's f#$%ing snowing in April and you haven't seen the damn sun since September, not so cool. Cabin fever is real.

There is a reason NO ONE retires in Ann Arbor or Columbus if they have a choice.
And the chicks are pudgy and pasty white.
Not like the hotties at UF.
GatorHotties.jpg

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The only issue in showing this type of picture to recruits is that it is a photo. It's like a snow globe, looks cool....but you don't actually FEEL how f'n cold it is, all winter long.
Thats why Mac needs to drop 100k on a decked out fridge truck and ask recruits to step into his office that is conveniently located inside saying, so you want to play at Michigan or OSU, welcome to their campus!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They go to Italy. Our guys get, what? Coupons for a free cheeseburger from Krystal?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so glad I do not have daughters
No doubt. My brother in KC has two daughters (they're both grown and married now), but they're both gorgeous and he had a heck of a time dealing with all the boys that came by the house, called, stalked, you name it, during their HS years. I'm glad I've only got the one boy (I'm sure he'll provide his own set of unique challenges when he gets to be a teenager, but better than having to worry about gorgeous daughters, IMO).

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
They can spend their money and go to Florida or Italy but they still have to go back to Michigan. Their helmets suck too.
They should probably save their money for moped mounted snow plow blades.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
College basketball teams are allowed to do trips like this and play actual pre-season games every 3 or 4 years (I can't recall exactly). Our team did this w/ Billy Donovan.

This is interesting because the NCAA just banned the satellite camps and the spring break satellite practices (at off-campus locations). So he seems to have found some rule to circumvent this new rule.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Power-5-ban-spring-break-practice-trips-limit-workout-times

Power 5 ban spring break practice trips, limit workout times

The Autonomous 5 have passed several new rules that apply to their leagues, regarding workouts, days off, spring break practice and more.

The rules only apply to P5 schools, but other schools can opt in.

- The P5 conferences voted 80-0 to prohibit athletic-related activities between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. (other than competition). That means no more 5 a.m. lifts and workouts, for example.

- The group also passed a proposal to prohibit off-campus practice during a vacation period outside of the season. This is a specific result of Michigan’s trip to IMG Academy in Florida last spring. Several coaches — inside and outside the SEC — spoke out against it last year. Harbaugh said he didn’t see the big deal and noted other sports practice over spring break.

“I don’t know why,” Harbaugh said last spring. “Our tennis team will be hitting balls this week.”

Harbaugh also said he didn’t see it as a recruiting advantage, which I’m pretty sure no one else agrees with. In defending it at Friday’s meeting, Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel brought up basketball teams that go on summer trips, asking why spring break was different. But it didn’t win enough people over.

The rule didn't get proposed until after we took the football team down to Florida for spring break,” Manuel told ESPN. “So I think you can read into that as you will.”

Many Michigan players said they enjoyed the trip. But as has proven to be the case with Harbaugh, he pushes the envelope so far that backlash leads to stricter regulations. Satellite camp restrictions are expected to happen in April.

ESPN’s Mitch Sherman noted Big Ten schools voted 11-3 in favor of the spring break ban, but student athletes on the committee voted 11-4 against the ban.

Other proposals passed include:

- 21 additional days off during the academic year, including 7 days immediately at the end of the season. There are limited exceptions for travel and life skills programs. This passed unanimously.

- A day off each week during preseason and vacation periods when classes are not in session. This passed 58-22.

- Schools can award financial aid retroactively within an academic year. This passed 73-7.

- Schools can provide “reasonable entertainment” to athletes during the academic year. This passed 55-25.

- Schools must develop a time management plan for each sport outlining team activities.

The NCAA will vote on this in the spring. It is expected to pass and will take effect in August.

This will be Harbaugh's last spring break trip with his team. It gets his brand in the news, but future recruits won't get to take trips like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator