Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I still remember my UGA friends that used to say crap about the Spread and how Urban would fail at UF when he tried to bring the system to a "real" division.

I remember is 2007 having to put up with a guy on New Year’s Eve. Bet him we would win that me national title again before GA (remember this is when they claimed they we’re screwed in 07 and thought 08 was their year.). Never heard from him again.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even Gator Dave is beginning to lose some confidence. He sounds jacked at the beginning, but as he gets closer to the end he admits we need to keep a listen out for news coming out saying we're looking at a different coach. He says if we hear that, then it's likely Chip isn't a done deal like we've been led to believe.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
New theory based on nothing with a 1% chance of being correct: Offer and counter offer on the table. We are in the take it or leave it stage. Both sides waiting to see who blinks first. Bones of contention salaries for assistants, facilities, support, and glad handing.

Signed No clue.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can pull the wool over the Leagues eyes for about 5 yrs with innovation, then the SEC D's start rag dolling you. I hope CK is at a point in his life where climbing the mountain and cred for a proud legacy means something... please not the token mercenary singing take the money and run. In any event, we need a young spirit and energetic lifestyle to lead us out of mediocrity.
Stricklin... get us the winner.
Go Gators!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Strychnine will **** this up. Guaranteed. Cutting your teeth in Starkville is akin to eating an elephant turd.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw something that we are widening our search for a new coach. What is the deal now with CK??

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly: Multiple sources tell FootballScoop UCLA’s contingent has met with Chip Kelly. We also are told in addition to Florida and UCLA, another program has contacted Kelly’s representatives to discuss possibilities should an opening occur at their University. Pat Dooley, who covers the Gators, added a note this afternoon stating Chip “has a decision to make” and that Florida is not moving on. We understand every university has impressed upon Chip that timing is of the essence (with regards to recruiting & the early signing period this year) and accordingly would expect things to move fairly quickly over the coming days. Will update as more is clear…

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Just now from Football Scoop/

Chip Kelly: Multiple sources tell FootballScoop UCLA’s contingent has met with Chip Kelly. We also are told in addition to Florida and UCLA, another program has contacted Kelly’s representatives to discuss possibilities should an opening occur at their University.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Wait a minute. UCLA weren't interested it was reported earlier. A head fake? Smoke?

Well, if this is true, there isn't any way this contract is signed.

gooneygoogoo

Dec 3, 2015
Yeah, they said the same thing about the Fun n Gun when SOS was hired. Let’s go for the trifecta.

Just for fun I looked at a uga board to see what they were saying. It was a mixed bag but about half of them were saying they hoped we got Kelly because he “can’t recruit” and “system won’t work in the SEC, he took advantage of a weak conference where they don’t play defense before”. Sounds like he’s the guy we should hire if they were saying the same thing about Meyer and Spurrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator