Running Attack

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I hope going forward that the o-line group plays with a new found confidence and swagger. That ,Climb on our back, we got this attitude. I know coach Summer had previously stated that he wanted the o-line to be the leader of the team. They looked the part yesterday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our backs were running through gaping holes. I'd like to think it was 100% the play of our offensive line, but that's not likely. Still, a great game for our guys.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n96827]Our backs were running through gaping holes. I'd like to think it was 100% the play of our offensive line, but that's not likely. Still, a great game for our guys. [/QUOTE]

Both RB's broke tons of tackles and made the right cuts when they needed to. Jones' 44 yard TD was a thing of beauty. Hit the hole, read his blocks upfield, bounced it outside and outran the rest to the pylon. Let's not forget the play where he basically dragged half the defense about 8 yards for a first down.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Jones surprised me a bit with his speed getting to the corner. Seems to have better vision and feet between the tackles than in years past also.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Yeah, Jones has surprised me lately with his tough running.....I usually expect him to go down at first contact, but he seemingly has decided to be a half way decent bruiser. He only went down easy on one play that I can recall yesterday, all others he was pumping and battering for extra yardage like he should have been all along. He has the physical ability, lets hope he has found the mental ability to be the power back. And Taylor is a nice complement with his home run ability :fistbump:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n96226 said:
I think the Debose sweep needs more room. Not in the red zone.

Yes and they need to quit running it to the short side of the field.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have two outstanding SEC RB's with a good offensive line. I look for Treon to actually hone his passing against Vandy and this thing might actually be clicking by SC and even FSU.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n96830 said:
Both RB's broke tons of tackles and made the right cuts when they needed to. Jones' 44 yard TD was a thing of beauty. Hit the hole, read his blocks upfield, bounced it outside and outran the rest to the pylon. Let's not forget the play where he basically dragged half the defense about 8 yards for a first down.

Exactly. Both RB's made things happen. Jones and Taylor's vision during the game was incredible. They were finding the weak point in the defense every time. You are 100% right about them being patient and following their blockers perfectly. And they just kept pumping their legs. They gave 100% effort. By the end, Georgia didn't really want to tackle them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n96830 said:

I didn't mean to infer our backs weren't special. The Jones run you mentioned was probably his best at Florida. I'd forgotten how dangerous he was in the open field. Our line did a great job, too, of opening holes. Jeez, we'd be undefeated if we could do this week to week.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Running game seemed better after we stopped the read option. Maybe less thinking and just executing called play is just what the doctor ordered. Maybe that fraction of a second they lose in that option type of handoff makes all the difference. They can just hit it harder and faster.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many WR recruits we picked up after that game? Anyone know?

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Getting (a) some blocking from the tight end, and (b) lead blocking from the H back really seemed to help. With Driskel in the game, Jones and Taylor were either his lead blocker or were out there without much help. With Treon in the game, we seemed to actually commit to the run. That gave both RBs the extra blocker and the extra read they needed to find and exploit the gaps.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It seems so strange to hear people actually praising our OL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize Taylor had that kind of break away speed

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Coach9;96901 said:
Running game seemed better after we stopped the read option. Maybe less thinking and just executing called play is just what the doctor ordered. Maybe that fraction of a second they lose in that option type of handoff makes all the difference. They can just hit it harder and faster.
Makes sense

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was blowing 25mph with gusts in the 30+ range. I'm pretty sure the WR recruits realized that we weren't going to throw the ball unless we had to. Since we didn't have to, we didn't, which was smart. I think sometimes we forget and think we actually know something about football. These recruits have so much more knowledge than any of us do.

On the subject of WR's, they did a heck of a job blocking downfield, especially DRob

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need to pay that DC Pruitt a bonus. He's basically the only person in football who can make Chimp look like an offensive genius. Hell, maybe we can have him hired back at Clown Town in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.