Rut Roe.....NFL teams preparing mega offers for Harbaugh

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know you fantasize about Mr Natural being on our sidelines and you possibly sitting close enough to smell his after shave
Actually I fantasize about having a functional winning Top 10 CFB team to root for and watch instead of apprehensively peeking to see the endless trainwreck that I seem to endure every fall over the last 6 years.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yea, I could see him turning that cleveland team around.

Not even Bill Belichek could turn that dumpster fire around, there problems stem from ownership. Bob Kraft is one of, if not the best owner in the NFL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No recruit is going to come play for a interim coach. That would have been a disaster.
Exactly. Ohio state fired tressel way after signing day. Then they hired meyer the next year mid-season and the ncaa allowed him to recruit during that time . Wasn't really fair.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see what happens when the packers or the colts job opens up

I don't know if the Packers will, they value consistency, but the Colts job would be prefect for Harbaurgh. Solid QB he knows, an organization and management he knows from when he was a player there. Easy schedule (Jags, Titians, and Texans).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You never know unless you ask. It was widely known that JH was done at SF......My speculation is that Foley was more distraught about having to tell his friend Muschamp what was inevitable and panning the tear filled suckfest of a firing for him...

If the job wasn't Michigan, he would be in the NFL right now... plenty of teams were trying to throw money his way after his leaving the 49ers, the price tag has just gone up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if the Packers will, they value consistency, but the Colts job would be prefect for Harbaurgh. Solid QB he knows, an organization and management he knows from when he was a player there. Easy schedule (Jags, Titians, and Texans).
Colts was my first thought and probably the bedt fit. I'll give the packers job an outside chance of opening up because of how poorly rogers has played the last 2 years. They may be looking at a qb coach to revive his career.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Colts was my first thought and probably the bedt fit. I'll give the packers job an outside chance of opening up because of ow poorly rogers has played the last 2 years. They may be looking at a qb coach to revive his career.

Packers also won't give up full control (didn't think about that until your reply)... I'm guess Harbaugh will still ask for control.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah it must suck to be a great coach that has won big on every level.....Makes me wonder how Fooley never even thought about contacting him....Especially since everyone on the planet knew he was leaving the 49er's for over a year. Must have been too busy over seeing the Womens Volleyball program.....

Dude... how many times do we have to tell you that he was waiting for the Michigan job. Nobody else was going to get him for no amount of money. He played football at Michigan... it is where he wanted to be.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You never know unless you ask. It was widely known that JH was done at SF......My speculation is that Foley was more distraught about having to tell his friend Muschamp what was inevitable and panning the tear filled suckfest of a firing for him...

Actually... everybody in the college football world outside of you knew that Harbaugh was specifically waiting for the Michigan gig.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Actually... everybody in the college football world outside of you knew that Harbaugh was specifically waiting for the Michigan gig.
Should have backed the truck up to his home and made him say no.....But I realize the Softball team needed new cleats....

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Not even Bill Belichek could turn that dumpster fire around, there problems stem from ownership. Bob Kraft is one of, if not the best owner in the NFL.
Agreed, I was being sarcastic and I should expressed that with the post. Facial expressions don't show up when posting.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I read a couple links from that article about Harbaugh and the way he recruits. Say what you want about his temperament and all his whining, he knows how to connect with 17 year old kids. Add to that his ability to game plan and game day coach and you can see why he's been so successful so quick. When I juxtapose MacElwain against guys like Harbaugh and other top college coaches he falls short in just about every category.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We'll see what happens when the packers or the colts job opens up

I'm a Packer fan as is my family. I have been telling them since losing to Seattle in the conference championship game McCarthy has lost his mojo. Rodgers has looked like crap and suspect big Mike is doing nothing to help Rodgers recover his old self. I say fire McCarthy, but doubt it happens.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should have backed the truck up to his home and made him say no.....But I realize the Softball team needed new cleats....

Clearly you aren't capable of understanding that no amount of money was going to get him. You are holding on to this thread of an argument that we should have tried to get a coach that we had absolutely zero chance of getting. Not even a .01% chance... 0.0000%. So we would have backed the truck up to his house and gotten rejected and what value is there to that?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Clearly you aren't capable of understanding that no amount of money was going to get him. You are holding on to this thread of an argument that we should have tried to get a coach that we had absolutely zero chance of getting. Not even a .01% chance... 0.0000%. So we would have backed the truck up to his house and gotten rejected and what value is there to that?

Its simply a serious man crush nothing more...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bummer. In so many threads GC is taking on an offseason atmosphere.
Yeah, we got nothing good to talk about.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Harbaugh could have had his choice of 4 or 5 NFL jobs after the 49ers dumped him, and he spurned them all to go back to his alma mater, which is unheard of. Successful NFL coaches don't return to college. I guess I just find it hard to believe he would dump Michigan after just a couple of years to go back there, but he is a weird dude.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
il_570xN.721120067_gimu.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rut Roe it's getting serous - Cleveland Browns just sent Harbough a box