S. O. S.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That Saturday, the quarterback had a nice day. He completed 27 of 40 pass attempts for 259 yards and a TD. He snuck a short distance for another TD while leading his team to 442 yards of total offense.

Yet, at crunch time, the score was tied at 27.

Rest of story here...

I realize some of you read this a couple years ago, but many have not - and these are the dog days of summer... . I have a baseball piece ready for those interested in such.

Last edited:

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So... no one "liked" the Spurrier article? Guess the baseball piece has no chance. Thanks to the 30 readers who gave it a whirl, anyway.:eek3: I'll still write just because I enjoy it - but I will be more discriminant about where I share.:eek3:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you're posting (or writing in this case) for likes you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Put it out there and let's see it.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you're posting (or writing in this case) for likes you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Put it out there and let's see it.

I'll still write just because I enjoy it. I write and write whether people respond or not. But is the concept of "courtesy" extinct? I hope not - because that is how I was raised and what I taught my sons...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I get it now. This is your blog. Hey, I read anything about SOS. Every book written about him. Anything new. I was a kid and at the Auburn game. I saw the kick. Welcome to the forum. Better have thck skin. Are you a pumper? That will get you dislikes.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I get it now. This is your blog. Hey, I read anything about SOS. Every book written about him. Anything new. I was a kid and at the Auburn game. I saw the kick. Welcome to the forum. Better have thck skin. Are you a pumper? That will get you dislikes.
I'm not new, and my skin is gator thick. Thanks. There's not really much difference between likes/dislikes as long as the response is real. I was a teenager when SOS made that kick and cheered the Gators on through the winless season while grimacing. I take my fandom seriously and personally, seldom sharing emotionally. How's that for pumping?

Last edited:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
So... no one "liked" the Spurrier article? Guess the baseball piece has no chance. Thanks to the 30 readers who gave it a whirl, anyway.:eek3: I'll still write just because I enjoy it - but I will be more discriminant about where I share.:eek3:

I sympathize, Vet. Sometimes I feel "likes" are similar to votes. If you want them you have to ask for them...not really. I was remiss in not voting "like" on your historical Gator story. It was a pleasure to read something uplifting for a Gator fan and not another abrasive political post. Thank you and post on.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I just read it. Some constructive criticism: use a more enticing or descriptive title in your thread. I would have read it sooner.

Btw, great piece.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I read your top scary movies of all time. Just a question, have you watched a scary movie in the last 15 years?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to see the word snuck used in type. But post more, my efforts are generally limited to crude fart jokes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was at that game. Our relied-upon FG kicker, Barfield, was an unsure thing from beyond 25 yards. Still, with
Spurrier assuming the kicker position I felt "we'd" gone crazy to let Spurrier kick under such pressure .... and
he sent it through with plenty to spare ... his first and only FG try in a game in his 4 Gator years.

PS> Because of the rarity of what Steve did for us ... well that's the only reason I remembered Barfield's name.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I read your top scary movies of all time. Just a question, have you watched a scary movie in the last 15 years?
I haven't had to. My wife watches "scary" every time she gets a chance and, if you look again, you will notice several that were done in the last several years. It's actually her list. I was scared/scarred by them as a result of poor choices by my mother. Still think Alien is the best ever, though.

Edit: Last scary movie I watched intentionally without laughing was the one with Pinhead - freaked me out. Wife and kids were here, I was home in Winter Park, 4 BR house, 2 sleeping dogs, pool pump working, late at night - scared the freakin' hell out me. Told the wife and she just had to see it. She was more creeped out by Paranormal Activity and that hand held camera movie than anything Pinhead had to offer. Alien is STILL the killer deal.

Thank for reading, btw. I noticed a hit from Russia and another from Ireland - was one of them you?

Last edited:

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was at that game. Our relied-upon FG kicker, Barfield, was an unsure thing from beyond 25 yards. Still, with
Spurrier assuming the kicker position I felt "we'd" gone crazy to let Spurrier kick under such pressure .... and
he sent it through with plenty to spare ... his first and only FG try in a game in his 4 Gator years.

PS> Because of the rarity of what Steve did for us ... well that's the only reason I remembered Barfield's name.
Spurrier and the coaches knew he had the range from practices (according to Norm Carlson, Gator football historian - if you want a treat, buy the UF Football Vault - what a work of love from that man!).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't had to. My wife watches "scary" every time she gets a chance and, if you look again, you will notice several that were done in the last several years. It's actually her list. I was scared/scarred by them as a result of poor choices by my mother. Still think Alien is the best ever, though.

Edit: Last scary movie I watched intentionally without laughing was the one with Pinhead - freaked me out. Wife and kids were here, I was home in Winter Park, 4 BR house, 2 sleeping dogs, pool pump working, late at night - scared the freakin' hell out me. Told the wife and she just had to see it. She was more creeped out by Paranormal Activity and that hand held camera movie than anything Pinhead had to offer. Alien is STILL the killer deal.

Thank for reading, btw. I noticed a hit from Russia and another from Ireland - was one of them you?
Haha no sir, I'm not out of the country. I just wanted pick on ya. I actually hate scary movies myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.