Saban calls Jimbo the best O-cord he's ever had

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The 2003 Gator defense says hi. The year LSU won the BCS title, they failed to score an offensive TD with Skyler Thornton (I believe that was the punt returner)giving them their only score of that ball game against UF.

I don't remember any of Saban's OC's ending a game without an offensive TD.

Think his name was Skyler Green and it was a punt return early in the game. Also I don't believe they made it past our 35 the whole game on offense. If the swindle in the swamp hadn't happened that year, we'd likely got a rematch with them in the SEC championship game ( based on what our final BCS ranking would have likely been since we were in that 3 way tie with Ga and Tenn), but they went on to stomp the Dogs instead which was entertaining anyways.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I had the year and score wrong. I was referring to 2003 at LSU, Zook and Company won 19-7. I gave Jimbo way too much credit when I said his offense scored 10 in my OP. Gotta forgive me on the wrong year and score, I had a few cocktails last night. :lol:

If I remember correctly it was the first of three 3 wins vs top 10 teams away from home ( Arkansas and Georgia ). Unfortunately we had just dropped another winnable game against Ole Miss the week earlier and had the meltdown in Miami earlier that year. Such a frustrating thing with Zook, he could get them to play their tails off with their backs against the wall, but when we were expected to whip a team, we would often disappoint. Although I was not alive to see it, I guess Zook was a lot like Doug Dickey.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If I remember correctly it was the first of three 3 wins vs top 10 teams away from home ( Arkansas and Georgia ). Unfortunately we had just dropped another winnable game against Ole Miss the week earlier and had the meltdown in Miami earlier that year. Such a frustrating thing with Zook, he could get them to play their tails off with their backs against the wall, but when we were expected to whip a team, we would often disappoint. Although I was not alive to see it, I guess Zook was a lot like Doug Dickey.

Yeah, I think you're correct about the wins against top 10 teams and about Zook in general. He had a habit of winning games he shouldn't have and losing the games he should have won.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Think his name was Skyler Green and it was a punt return early in the game. Also I don't believe they made it past our 35 the whole game on offense. If the swindle in the swamp hadn't happened that year, we'd likely got a rematch with them in the SEC championship game ( based on what our final BCS ranking would have likely been since we were in that 3 way tie with Ga and Tenn), but they went on to stomp the Dogs instead which was entertaining anyways.
Yep, you're correct. It was Skyler Green. Thornton was a RB during Meyers 1st season at UF as HBC before transferring to Valdosta St.

IMO, I believe the 19-7 win over LSU spared Zook another season after losing to Ole Piss at home. My ex wife still brings up that moment when I screamed at the tv yelling for Zook to be fired.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
resizedimage600399-sabanbowdenfisher.jpg

Let's see. There was Terry at Auburn and Tommy at Clemson. Just how many kids did old man Bowden have?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The 2003 Gator defense says hi. The year LSU won the BCS title, they failed to score an offensive TD with Skyler Thornton (I believe that was the punt returner)giving them their only score of that ball game against UF.

[b{I don't remember any of Saban's OC's ending a game without an offensive TD.[/b]

It's funny that you would say that. Actually, in 2011, Alabama beat LSU in probably the most boring game ever. 9 to 6. No touchdowns. Mac was the OC for Saban.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny that you would say that. Actually, in 2011, Alabama beat LSU in probably the most boring game ever. 9 to 6. No touchdowns. Mac was the OC for Saban.

LSU won that game in OT, Alabama won the rematch in the National Title game.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I totally forgot about that game in 2011. Whadya know, Mac was the OC.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Bama also missed like 3 or 4 field goals in that game too, if I remember correctly.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

How many future NFL players were on the field that night? Both teams were loaded.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lol... lsu offense was awful when jimbob was calling the plays. They won with defense and STs that whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator