Saban's wife forced him to go to Alabama

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n249213 said:
Uh, did you see his record with the Dolphins? You drunk again?
I do not watch much pro ball, at least since the 80's. I did not see the offensive linemen quit/strike. Maybe they did. If so, cudos to them.

To my understanding, his management philosophy has not changed. Do you see his record at Bama?

People, for some reason, admire this behavior from their leaders (sic).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n249408 said:
I do not watch much pro ball, at least since the 80's. I did not see the offensive linemen quit/strike. Maybe they did. If so, cudos to them.

To my understanding, his management philosophy has not changed. Do you see his record at Bama?

People, for some reason, admire this behavior from their leaders (sic).

So you advocate for professional players to quit on their team? In the process, other players (i.e. QB, RB) could get hurt. You are saying that it's a good idea for them to risk future earning potential, their family's security, the health and financial well being of teammates? All over a little nutsack like lil Nicky? Yeah, that makes sense.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With all the disfunction in that house and a dad with advanced narcissistic personality disorder, at least daddy's little princess turned out alright:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n249190 said:
The guy is totally driven and is a winner.

This.

I'd kill for a fraction of his drive and dedication.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n249523 said:
This.

Yeah, I'd kill to have the drive to step over my unconscious players without emotion.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Hope Mac learned something from Saban on how to put up W's. Saban's coaching tree includes Derek Dooley and Will Muschamp. It also includes Mark Dantonio and Jimbo Fisher. Muschamp, of course, was never a head coach when he came to UF. McElwain has already built a successful program at Colorado State. I think McElwain is a better fit at Florida than Muschamp.

Attachments

• conv_3797.jpg
    conv_3797.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 22

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
The guy has won 12-13 mythical national 'ships at alabumble... more reasons for jealousy/hatred from fans of SEC schools....

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n249466 said:
So you advocate for professional players to quit on their team? In the process, other players (i.e. QB, RB) could get hurt. You are saying that it's a good idea for them to risk future earning potential, their family's security, the health and financial well being of teammates? All over a little nutsack like lil Nicky? Yeah, that makes sense.
facepalm. It is called principles.

If you quit on the field (or the office), you are pussy with no morals. Have the balls to back up your beliefs and face the ramifications of your decisions. It's called maturity.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n249611 said:
facepalm. It is called principles.

If you quit on the field (or the office), you are pussy with no morals. Have the balls to back up your beliefs and face the ramifications of your decisions. It's called maturity.

WTF are you talking about?

AugustaGator;n249408 said:
I did not see the offensive linemen quit/strike. Maybe they did. If so, cudos to them.

you said cudos to them if they quit. how is that maturity?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n249563 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post

This.

Yeah, I'd kill to have the drive to step over my unconscious players without emotion.

I was merely pointing out that I admire the focus, drive and dedication to a single purpose of high achievers. Forgive my oversight of not throwing in the apparently obligatory handwringing and words of tearful regret for his moment of insensitivity (I'm sure one of many such moments). Saban's inherent douchiness is universally recognized. Even by Bammers.

Of course the flipside is, at least he didn't step on his unconscious player.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n249637 said:
WTF are you talking about?

you said cudos to them if they quit. how is that maturity?

By quit, I mean resign, i.e. find another position on another team or profession. Not quit on the field, i.e. collect a pay check without doing what you were hired to do.

People are not serfs nor slaves to their employers nor do they have indemnity from the employer's principles. They have a right and duty to quit when their principles they sign up for are not adhered to by the employers. Otherwise, they are complicit and just as guilty as the employer.

I should not have assumed you would be disposed to this way of thinking.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n249666 said:
By quit, I mean resign, i.e. find another position on another team or profession. Not quit on the field, i.e. collect a pay check without doing what you were hired to do.

People are not serfs nor slaves to their employers nor do they have indemnity from the employer's principles. They have a right and duty to quit when their principles they sign up for are not adhered to by the employers. Otherwise, they are complicit and just as guilty as the employer.

I should not have assumed you would be disposed to this way of thinking.

I should say they aren't slaves. Have you seen an NFL contract lately. They couldn't really resign. They could retire and seek employment in another industry. As far as playing football, they were pretty much owned.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to the thread title : "Saban's wife forced him to go to Alabama" …. I think arm wrestling at the dinner table is a valid
way of making family decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator