Safety Nick Washington injured

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Jarrad Davis is definitely out vs the Clowns. Hopefully Reese can replicate what he did at LSU this past weekend.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2015
Confirmed by Mac during today's presser that Washington is out and will be replaced by Gardner.

Hate to see guys injured, but crazy trend with the replacements outplaying the starters/players higher up in the depth chart:

Apples > LDR
McCoy > Dillard
Ivey > Sharpe (at LT)
Taylor > Johnson
Gardner > Washington (my opinion)
Zuniga > Cox
Perine > Crunk (I thought injured early opening up looks for Perine)
Cleveland > Worton (and every other receiver not named Callaway)

Anyone else?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jarrad Davis is definitely out vs the Clowns. Hopefully Reese can replicate what he did at LSU this weekend.
To be honest, we miss him more in pass coverage than against the run. Reese has been great to excellent against the run but gets sucked in and has been a little lost in pass coverage at times. I really don't see FSU sustaining long drives against us but I'm worried about Cook housing a screen or a delayed route.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Confirmed by Mac during today's presser that Washington is out and will be replaced by Gardner.

Hate to see guys injured, but crazy trend with the replacements outplaying the starters/players higher up in the depth chart:

Apples > LDR
McCoy > Dillard
Ivey > Sharpe (at LT)
Taylor > Johnson
Zuniga > Cox

Anyone else?

Kicking footballs > kicking Scooters

Sep 29, 2015
To be honest, we miss him more in pass coverage than against the run. Reese has been great to excellent against the run but gets sucked in and has been a little lost in pass coverage at times. I really don't see FSU sustaining long drives against us but I'm worried about Cook housing a screen or a delayed route.

Agreed. Reese is a beast against the run (probably easier to grasp out of the two). Can't reiterate enough on the need to snuff out the screen. We are consistently gashed on them...but for a shoestring tackle, one of those was going to be massive saturday, and they were generally successful otherwise with huge open lanes and blockers down field. Yet, like the boots, we are conversely awful at deploying the screen.

Crook the assaulter is too good to be given the lanes that Guice had.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Torrian gray has really paid off. Washington and Harris have made some pretty big strides this year. I actually feel like we're ok at safety next year.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Apples > LDR
McCoy > Dillard
Ivey > Sharpe (at LT)
Taylor > Johnson
Zuniga > Cox

Anyone else?

Good post/points.

I posted this earlier, I think we had 7 or 8 players on the field for the last play of the game who are returning next year. We're losing 8 or 9 "starters" on D this year...but Reese & Johnson will have made 5 starts by the bowl game; Washington & Harris will have 2-5 starts under their belt; Jefferson, Bryan, Zuniga & Clark all have made starts; and a ton of other younger players are getting valuable reps/PT (Joseph, Polite, Gardner, Ancrum, Clayton). I'm feeling better about the D next year. Need Riles and the JUCO DT to be ready to play a lot of snaps at DT next year.

Sep 29, 2015
Good post/points.

I posted this earlier, I think we had 7 or 8 players on the field for the last play of the game who are returning next year. We're losing 8 or 9 "starters" on D this year...but Reese & Johnson will have made 5 starts by the bowl game; Washington & Harris will have 2-5 starts under their belt; Jefferson, Bryan, Zuniga & Clark all have made starts; and a ton of other younger players are getting valuable reps/PT (Joseph, Polite, Gardner, Ancrum, Clayton). I'm feeling better about the D next year. Need Riles and the JUCO DT to be ready to play a lot of snaps at DT next year.

I agree. LB's are in pretty good shape between Reese, Johnson, Joseph and hopefully Moon fulfills his 4* promise. Jefferson and Zuniga should be demons next year; need Clayton to fill out and be that speed rusher on the end. Sherit is solid. DT could be scary though. Brantley has been really for good for two years now. He's definitely gone and will be missed. Tabor and Wilson may have one foot out the door all year, but replacing them will be tough too. Mac seems to get solid contributions out of 1-3 freshmen on either side of the ball, so we can look forward to that as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree. LB's are in pretty good shape between Reese, Johnson, Joseph and hopefully Moon fulfills his 4* promise. Jefferson and Zuniga should be demons next year; need Clayton to fill out and be that speed rusher on the end. Sherit is solid. DT could be scary though. Brantley has been really for good for two years now. He's definitely gone and will be missed. Tabor and Wilson may have one foot out the door all year, but replacing them will be tough too. Mac seems to get solid contributions out of 1-3 freshmen on either side of the ball, so we can look forward to that as well.

Agree on the DT spot. With Bryan & Clark the likely starters, that's a solid SEC pair. I suspect Riles will move to DT (he has to, he's essentially lost on the OL and he's played in at least 6 games at DT). Along w/ the JUCO kid, that will give us 4 good sized upperclassman at DT. Hansard is listed at 6'3 310, so I imagine he plays next year which would give us 5 DT's. If Polite gets to 280 he can play there and so would CeCe (hopefully he's over 270 next year). We'll have some options. I'd love to see another HS kid commit at the position though. I think we have enough bodies at DE to find a good rotation (notice we didn't miss Cox too much vs LSU). Agree replacing Tabor & Wilson is going to be tough, but I like Gardner a lot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree on the DT spot. With Bryan & Clark the likely starters, that's a solid SEC pair. I suspect Riles will move to DT (he has to, he's essentially lost on the OL and he's played in at least 6 games at DT). Along w/ the JUCO kid, that will give us 4 good sized upperclassman at DT. Hansard is listed at 6'3 310, so I imagine he plays next year which would give us 5 DT's. If Polite gets to 280 he can play there and so would CeCe (hopefully he's over 270 next year). We'll have some options. I'd love to see another HS kid commit at the position though. I think we have enough bodies at DE to find a good rotation (notice we didn't miss Cox too much vs LSU). Agree replacing Tabor & Wilson is going to be tough, but I like Gardner a lot.
Hopefully we get truesdale. Spivey's saying we only take 3 dt's. Hopefully we can get 4 even if we have to reach a little .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else find it humorous that weve probably signed 25 dbs in the past four years yet we are still stuck playing a true freshman?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.