Safety Nick Washington injured

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else find it humorous that weve probably signed 25 dbs in the past four years yet we are still stuck playing a true freshman?

:)

Well he is a pretty darn good one. I think we will see Duke back there some as well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Washington will be a little loss for us on defense but he is a terror on special teams coverage so that could hurt a little. Reese and the young guys are a little lost in coverage but that's to be expected.
Francois can be a hot passer at times but I'd rather have him beat us than give Cook big spaces around the LOS with the ball in his hands. If he starts getting loose he can flat wear a defense out like last year. We're gonna have to stick Gardner on that TE of theirs because he's pretty damned good like O'Leary was before him. Make it come down to Francois and his average WR's against Wilson and Tabor........I'm talking to you DBU.....TIME TO PROVE IT.

Oh, and should Francois take off here is a little instructional video to our LBer's on how to handle that situation....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Does anyone else find it humorous that weve probably signed 25 dbs in the past four years yet we are still stuck playing a true freshman?

Just another example of how much of a mess chump left for Mac to clean up.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

What happened to all of those DBs? I know we've lost a few early to the draft, but did others transfer or not pan out? We only have a couple of CBs on the roster right now (McWilliams? Please!).

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What happened to all of those DBs? I know we've lost a few early to the draft, but did others transfer or not pan out? We only have a couple of CBs on the roster right now (McWilliams? Please!).

we have to hold onto wilson, davis, and blades in this recruiting class, nab another gifted corner, and hope one or two can step right in and tear it up.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Confirmed by Mac during today's presser that Washington is out and will be replaced by Gardner.

Hate to see guys injured, but crazy trend with the replacements outplaying the starters/players higher up in the depth chart:

Apples > LDR
McCoy > Dillard
Ivey > Sharpe (at LT)
Taylor > Johnson
Gardner > Washington (my opinion)
Zuniga > Cox
Perine > Crunk (I thought injured early opening up looks for Perine)
Cleveland > Worton (and every other receiver not named Callaway)

Anyone else?

Gardner's been a terror on Special Teams. And he's gotten reps at DB too. He's a good athlete and I think he's got a bright future here. Just hope he's ready to step in Saturday.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is not a case of chimp leaving a mess for mac. In chimp's last 3 classes he signed 12 DBs. 3 washed out, 3 are in the nfl, and 2 are injured, leaving 4 available (tabor, wilson, harris and dawson). I think 4 per year is about the right number of dbs and with only 1/4 washing out and at least half nfl bound (once tabor and Wilson leave) chimp did pretty well at this position in his last three classes.

The reason we might start a true freshman is that mac only signed one DB in his first class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is not a case of chimp leaving a mess for mac. In chimp's last 3 classes he signed 12 DBs. 3 washed out, 3 are in the nfl, and 2 are injured, leaving 4 available (tabor, wilson, harris and dawson). I think 4 per year is about the right number of dbs and with only 1/4 washing out and at least half nfl bound (once tabor and Wilson leave) chimp did pretty well at this position in his last three classes.

The reason we might start a true freshman is that mac only signed one DB in his first class.

Yep....might be time to move over a WR or two that aren't contributing (Worton?).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How much practice/learning does it take to convert a WR mindset to a DB mindset ?
Chris Thompson surely has the speed to keep up &/or close. But I worry about mental errors, like in
the 2nd half vs UT ?

If FSU goes roughshod over us, then we've lost the team identity we established vs LSU and
we will be back to yo-yo status that will cause pause in recruits coming here.

Would love a hard-hitting pass rush to rattle Francie and flummox his very being = QB-ing.
Go Gators, it's FSU.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

technically two, but Kylan Johnson moved from safety to LB (yes, due to deficiencies recruiting that position)

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
technically two, but Kylan Johnson moved from safety to LB (yes, due to deficiencies recruiting that position)
Rivals had him listed as a DB, but we recruited him as a LB. He was actually a QB in high school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals had him listed as a DB, but we recruited him as a LB. He was actually a QB in high school.
No we didn't. In fact there are several articles about us moving him from safety to LB this year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gardner's been a terror on Special Teams. And he's gotten reps at DB too. He's a good athlete and I think he's got a bright future here. Just hope he's ready to step in Saturday.
:fistbump:
As a gunner Chauncey cleaned the LSU punt returners clock on one punt - I think it was early in the game. He was my favorite recruit and it's good to see him getting some action. I think he'll be fine back there replacing Nick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator