12196061_932003656835492_7256993469428054291_n.jpg

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We're pretty lucky to have had these 3 represent the University of Florida.

images

Heisman_180.jpg

Alex.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice to see it finally caught on a bit. Our very own saltygator did this:

And I was trying to get it to go viral on twitter but couldn't really get anybody important to take notice. Looks like someone did and tried to make their own version. I'm ok with that. As long as the idea gets out. This date will only happen once in our lifetimes. I can't believe the university didn't pick up on the significance of the date and how it matches perfectly with the order they were here and got theirs. Would've been the perfect theme for this year's homecoming.

Attachments

• conv_5196.jpg
    conv_5196.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 18

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n308360 said:

And I was trying to get it to go viral on twitter but couldn't really get anybody important to take notice. Looks like someone did and tried to make their own version. I'm ok with that. As long as the idea gets out. This date will only happen once in our lifetimes. I can't believe the university didn't pick up on the significance of the date and how it matches perfectly with the order they were here and got theirs. Would've been the perfect theme for this year's homecoming.

I posted the top picture (the statues in chronological order) in my social media. I'll try to get it on Gainesville's Yak as well.

Spread the word fellas!

Alex.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why not forward that to the ESPN/SEC network. Maybe they would mention it, they always need something interesting to talk about

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Picture with statues? Why not bring all 3 to the damn game and honor them together at halftime? Sheeshhhh...statue pictures...:facepalm: No offense Queeny, I know you're just sharing what you found.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n308427 said:
Picture with statues? Why not bring all 3 to the damn game and honor them together at halftime? Sheeshhhh...statue pictures...:facepalm: No offense Queeny, I know you're just sharing what you found.

In fairness, unless SEC Nation was in G'ville, it would be impossible to get Tebow there for the game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n308450 said:
In fairness, unless SEC Nation was in G'ville, it would be impossible to get Tebow there for the game.

You don't think, if the University of Florida contacted ESPN/SEC Network, and explained the once in a lifetime opportunity, ESPN/SEC Network wouldn't be willing to work something out to accommodate not 1, not 2, but 3 University of Florida Heisman Trophy winners being at this homecoming together? Like, I dunno, maybe SEC Nation bringing the show to UF for the SEC Match-up with the potential and near certainty to seal the SEC East?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sure Tim could do a roving reporter type interviews … someone can sub for him at SECN … maybe Kanell, he's got no awards demands.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n308455 said:
You don't think, if the University of Florida contacted ESPN/SEC Network, and explained the once in a lifetime opportunity, ESPN/SEC Network wouldn't be willing to work something out to accommodate not 1, not 2, but 3 University of Florida Heisman Trophy winners being at this homecoming together? Like, I dunno, maybe SEC Nation bringing the show to UF for the SEC Match-up with the potential and near certainty to seal the SEC East?

They set the schedule for SEC Nation far in advance, probably before anyone realized the significance of the date. I'm sure they'll have some kind of tribute during the game.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11066848/sec-nation

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorade should have rushed together an in person TV ad of our trio.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
NavetG8r;n308360 said:

I LIKE IT! Thanks for the share.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n308528 said:
I claim all rights. I see no mention of it on the interwebs prior to my post. :cool:

You were the first I saw to post it. saltygator just put it into a nice graphic of all three of them. Now someone else has done the same with the statues. All are great. I just wish the University had picked up on it earlier and tried to do more with it. Seems like a wasted opportunity. There will never be another 11-7-15 in our lifetimes.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Someone had to have thought of it before I did. Those numbers are so ingrained in my head though that the first thing I think of are the Gators that wore them. When Dookie posted the helmet with the 11/7/2015 on it It jumped out at me. Salty brought it to life and the next day it started showing up in other places. I'm surprised nobody at the UAA picked up on it , or if they did, I'm surprised they didn't promo it.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You might have really been the first. It's not like anyone noticed on 7/11/15. If we had realized it then we would have had 4 months to prepare for today.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
AlexDaGator;n308359 said:
We're pretty lucky to have had these 3 represent the University of Florida.

images

Heisman_180.jpg

Alex.

You are right. All three are outstanding people in addition to being great athletes. All Gator Nation can be proud of this trio.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Muschamp texting me on 12/12/12 that we were doomed with Brissett at QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The best part about 11-7-15 is that, unlike 11-7-14 when dumazz Chimp was still here, I don't have any real anxiety about losing homecoming to freakin Vandy....

or Ga South...

or LaLafayette....

or Furman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.