Scarlett: LDR's return can help UF make a statement

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stop trying to make sense! I ruffles the Debbie downers feathers!

Okay...I'll bite.

Del Rio played 3 quarters, not 2.5 - the injury occurred in the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter (he went out, NT got the ball back, and the 3rd quarter was essentially over). TheMatrix then says "he played 2 and a half quarters"....where he already missed on 11 pass attempts....but if he had finished the game he would have completed 7 of his last 7 passes for 64 yards....and 2 TDs (when he had ZERO through "2 and a half" quarters)???

So, you chime in "stop trying to make sense"?? Let's break that down: "make sense"? It makes sense that a QB had ZERO TD's through 2.5 quarters (actually 3, not 2.5....stop making sense there!)....and he's missed on almost HALF his passes....is all of a sudden going to light it up in the 4th quarter and complete ALL 7 of his pass attempts? (TheMatrix said it would be "reasonable" to assume he'd finish 21 of 32....when he went out at 14 of 25 - no, that's not even close to "reasonable"...that's delusional!). Then of those 7 completions....for all of 64 yards he throws TWO touchdown passes....after having ZERO (TheMatrix said "reasonable to think" he finishes w/ 250 yards....he had 186 when he went out).

Yeah, "stop trying to make sense"!

The fact is Del Rio should not have even been in the game when he got injured! If he had done his job we would have had a substantial lead and the backup QB would have been in there getting reps for the final 20 minutes of game time. But because LDR had thrown for ZERO touchdowns we were in a close game with a team that finished 1-11 last year. So, no...it makes NO SENSE to think he'd go 7 for 7, 64 yards and 2 TDs in the 4th quarter.

I think my response to TheMatrix's post was very appropriate: "LOL"

---

Look, we all hope Del Rio's return makes a difference...but as I suggested let's keep this in perspective. If LDR has anymore North Texas outings vs. SEC teams we likely lose. Completed 14 of 25 is not good against anyone, except maybe Alabama. Have a TD to INT ratio of 0 to 1 is not good against ANY team. Again, keep it in perspective.....please.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Okay...I'll bite.

Del Rio played 3 quarters, not 2.5 - the injury occurred in the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter (he went out, NT got the ball back, and the 3rd quarter was essentially over). TheMatrix then says "he played 2 and a half quarters"....where he already missed on 11 pass attempts....but if he had finished the game he would have completed 7 of his last 7 passes for 64 yards....and 2 TDs (when he had ZERO through "2 and a half" quarters)???

So, you chime in "stop trying to make sense"?? Let's break that down: "make sense"? It makes sense that a QB had ZERO TD's through 2.5 quarters (actually 3, not 2.5....stop making sense there!)....and he's missed on almost HALF his passes....is all of a sudden going to light it up in the 4th quarter and complete ALL 7 of his pass attempts? (TheMatrix said it would be "reasonable" to assume he'd finish 21 of 32....when he went out at 14 of 25 - no, that's not even close to "reasonable"...that's delusional!). Then of those 7 completions....for all of 64 yards he throws TWO touchdown passes....after having ZERO (TheMatrix said "reasonable to think" he finishes w/ 250 yards....he had 186 when he went out).

Yeah, "stop trying to make sense"!

The fact is Del Rio should not have even been in the game when he got injured! If he had done his job we would have had a substantial lead and the backup QB would have been in there getting reps for the final 20 minutes of game time. But because LDR had thrown for ZERO touchdowns we were in a close game with a team that finished 1-11 last year. So, no...it makes NO SENSE to think he'd go 7 for 7, 64 yards and 2 TDs in the 4th quarter.

I think my response to TheMatrix's post was very appropriate: "LOL"

---

Look, we all hope Del Rio's return makes a difference...but as I suggested let's keep this in perspective. If LDR has anymore North Texas outings vs. SEC teams we likely lose. Completed 14 of 25 is not good against anyone, except maybe Alabama. Have a TD to INT ratio of 0 to 1 is not good against ANY team. Again, keep it in perspective.....please.
That does make sense when you look at the numbers but NT was also only one game. Del Rio was pretty good against UK and decent against UMass but has not been spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. Still from what I've seen I would feel better with a healthy LDR behind center. For one he gets the ball out on time in the short passing game giving our guys a chance to run after the catch. What I didn't like about Appleby against Vandy is that he was late on these throws which we use extensively on 1st down. At best we were getting 2 and 3 yards where as LDR is getting us 5-8 yards and putting us ahead on 2 nd and 3rd down. That's the biggest advantage LDR has and that comes from having more reps with the 1st team in games and in practice. I also believe although LDR has a weaker arm he does have better touch and control on long balls...

I'm not expecting a night/day difference in our offense any time soon. In fact I'm predicting we win this game something like 23-10. Sadly these days a win is a win but it beats the alternative.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The fact is Del Rio should not have even been in the game when he got injured!

Just to put this out there -

Appleby made no attempts in the UMass game (24-7), and wass 0/1 in the KY game (45-7). We were up on NT what... 19-0? 25-0? when LDR went down?

Who makes the call on when QB2 is put on the field? Mac or Nuss? I don't know, but AA has had little to no experience with our first string in a real game. Yeah, yeah, 4 yrs at Purdue. That's not this offense.

I'd like to agree with BMF's point that if the offense was clicking we'd be further ahead in the NT game and able to insert QB2, but we weren't. That can be shared by not just LDR but the OL, the OC, etc. Fact is, we weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.