Scott Frost talks Chip Kelly

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Scott Frost talks Chip Kelly
UCF head coach is asked about rumors of his former boss heading to Florida.

Scott-Frost-talks-Chip-Kelly-Florida-Gators-coaching-search-110614579

On Thursday's 'Open Mike' with Mike Bianchi on 96.9 FM The Game, UCF head coach Scott Frost was asked if his former boss at Oregon, Chip Kelly, would take the Florida head coach opening.

"You know, I don’t know," Frost answered. "Chip and I are real close, but he plays things close to the vest too. I know college football is going be better if Chip Kelly is back in it."

Bianchi went on to ask if Kelly would be a good fit in Gainesville.

"Chip’s just a good football coach. I also think, you know when you’re in a vacuum in a really tough media market like Philly, I think he got a bad rap on a couple things he didn’t deserve. It started it out really good there and didn’t end well, but that doesn’t take away from the fact out good of a football coach he is. Wherever Chip lands, they’re going to be lucky to have him."

Frost went on to praise Kelly and how he has changed college football.

"I’ve said this a lot, I don’t think Chip gets enough credit for changing the landscape of college football. When he started running this offense, nobody did it. Now, the entire country runs some version of it, and I think he was a revolutionary in this game."

Frost worked under Kelly at Oregon as a wide receivers coach from 2009 to 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.