Scott Frost's UCF staff

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only name I have heard of is Troy Walters and that was from his playing days.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From seccountry:

As for Frost’s UCF coaching staff, yeah, there are some guys he would likely bring with him.

Frost brought former Oregon linebackers coach Erik Chinander with him to UCF to be his defensive coordinator. While the Knights’ offensive turnaround gets all the attention, they have also made a significant turnaround defensively, ranking 33rd nationally in giving up 348.1 yards per game after ranking 113th in 2015 (464.1 YPG) before they arrived.

UCF offensive coordinator Troy Walters was a receivers coach at Texas A&M, N.C. State and Colorado before joining Frost, so their history is not quite as deep. But they’ve obviously worked well together the last two seasons.

Offensive line coach Greg Austin is another potential carryover. He was a GA at Oregon under Kelly while Frost was there. He followed Kelly to the Philadelphia Eagles to be an assistant offensive line coach before rejoining Frost at UCF.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
From seccountry:

As for Frost’s UCF coaching staff, yeah, there are some guys he would likely bring with him.

Frost brought former Oregon linebackers coach Erik Chinander with him to UCF to be his defensive coordinator. While the Knights’ offensive turnaround gets all the attention, they have also made a significant turnaround defensively, ranking 33rd nationally in giving up 348.1 yards per game after ranking 113th in 2015 (464.1 YPG) before they arrived.

UCF offensive coordinator Troy Walters was a receivers coach at Texas A&M, N.C. State and Colorado before joining Frost, so their history is not quite as deep. But they’ve obviously worked well together the last two seasons.

Offensive line coach Greg Austin is another potential carryover. He was a GA at Oregon under Kelly while Frost was there. He followed Kelly to the Philadelphia Eagles to be an assistant offensive line coach before rejoining Frost at UCF.

All are probably improvements from what we have

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't that the dude we were looking at heavily last year?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wasn't that the dude we were looking at heavily last year?

I don't recall who we were looking at for OL coach, honestly. I remember Mario Cristobol was rumored....but he ended up at Oregon.

That blurb I posted only listed a few coaches, I imagine he'd bring more than 3 coaches w/ him. Now, one of those guys could get promoted to HC at UCF and keep several, so who knows. He'd be able to bring in some of the higher paid assistants he's worked w/ in the past. Most of the UCF guys he has either got a promotion (from LB coach to DC, for example) or it was an upgrade from their previous jobs. At UF he could reach out to guys he's worked with that are at bigger schools making much more money.

I don't really care who he brings....I just want one guy off the current UCF staff!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah that guy was frequently mentioned as was the Memphis OL coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.