Scott Stricklin is the new AD

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida: Multiple outlets have reported today that Kansas State AD John Currie is in Gainesville closing in on the open AD position at Florida. Currie has tweeted that he’s in Dallas at the D-I ADs meetings. Despite these reports, sources in profession tell FootballScoop that Mississippi State AD Scott Stricklin is considered the lead candidate and could be closing in on the job very soon.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, neither of these two candidates are very impressive... I hope these are false reports.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: UPDATED

Conflicting reports abt Florida's top AD candidate: Mississippi State's Stricklin or Kansas State's Currie

https://bit.ly/2d1Wkxo

Story here notes Miss guy is a noted great fundraiser.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow, neither of these two candidates are very impressive... I hope these are false reports.

Well, to be fair, we're probably down to our 5th or lower choice. Similar to the Muschamp hire. What could go wrong?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: . @GatorCountry has been told that no AD has been offered the job yet. We're also told that another candidate is the lead guy. Not Currie

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: . @GatorCountry has been told that no AD has been offered the job yet. We're also told that another candidate is the lead guy. Not Currie

yeah, but Spivey read that on

chatter4.png

so it has to be true...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No one wants Foley looking over their shoulder. The guy is screwing us from his retirement home. Cut the freaking cord!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: I've confirmed @DanWolken's report that both John Currie and Scott Stricklin are in Dallas today. Currie not at UF as previously reported.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: I think G Byrne was called & he politely declined advancing the discussions (different from turning job down).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Also really don’t expect Foley to be looking over the shoulder of next AD; but am not close to the situation.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: @FootballScoop He'll be there to fund raise and shake hands. Foley knows better than to interfere with a new AD. He's choosing to leave.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest issue here is that Foley hanging around has handcuffed our ability to hire top talent. This is not a good thing. I am a fan of Foleys, but he should recognize this issue and step away.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Same as I’m hearing. Again, I’m not close to Florida athletic dept though. Have seen others report differently.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DanWolken: I’m not confirming the accuracy of this, but I will say this has been relayed to me over the last week by very smar… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/778251752739074048

@DanWolken: Florida has engaged and re-engaged several candidates since Bubba Cunningham changed his mind.

@DanWolken: I should also add that Scott Stricklin isn’t in Gainesville either. Also in Dallas, according to someone who is actually there.

@DanWolken: I wrote about that issue a couple weeks ago https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-foley-coaching-carousel-art-briles/90094134/

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Same as I’m hearing. Again, I’m not close to Florida athletic dept though. Have seen others report differently.

I don't think Foley will do that, but the fact that he might do that keeps potential candidates away...IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.