Seaux Close, Yet Seaux Far

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really good analysis. Driskel wasn't awful for the game, but all three of his turnovers were pretty ugly and costly. I don't remember if his first INT resulted in any LSU points, but I do remember that the throw was about 10 yards shy of where it needed to be. The fumble was really bad, and led to LSU's first TD. That play was basically an omen as to how the game would end: Driskel handing LSU the win. Driskel isn't a terrible QB, but he isn't good either. He's simply too inconsistent, and that's a recipe for disaster since there is so much inconsistancy around him.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n78969 said:
That's why I like our endzone seats, gives me a great view of the play developing. Sucks when the ball is going towards the north endzone, but I still love watching from that angle.
I've sat up there the last 2 years i've made it to a game and those are awesome seats...gonna be on the west sideline saturday though

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n78786 said:
Taylor must be in some kind of dog house with the coaching staff right now, because they're actively trying not to give him the ball.
No our dumbass coach doesn't know real talent if it hit him in the face....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n78843 said:
Now that you say that, I definitely remember Driskel pointing to the backer over Pittman and yelling something at him, because it took a few extra seconds for him to get the ball snapped as a result. It's entirely possible the backer called off the blitz and dropped because he knew Driskel was trying to hit a hot route. Pittman could have kept moving on his route instead of stopping with the alligator arms and tipping the ball up, but it's easy for me to say that when I'm not facing two players about to rip my head off.

It was basically like in Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo when you pick the play the offense is going to run and all hell breaks loose.

None of that would have been a problem if the dumbass QB knew where to go with the ball in that game situation......you never go short across the middle in that situation, EVER....but if our dumbass coach keeps putting him in there you will get the same dumbass result.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Good analysis, Sas. I just don't know if stats are the true measure of Driskel for this game since it appears the offensive play calling may be limited due to his abilities and what he lacks between the ears. I will agree that he probably did well most of what he was asked, but that isn't much. The limited playbook is growing old. A few of his runs didn't exactly look like QB design runs, but either a busted play or his desire to run out of a pass situation because of whatever reason. He may have been told to run if a play isn't there within a few seconds, who knows.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n79059 said:
I've sat up there the last 2 years i've made it to a game and those are awesome seats...gonna be on the west sideline saturday though
Well, if no one goes to the game with us you can always join us!

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78964 said:
But do you not notice that we only play like that when the game is on the line and we have nothing to lose? I'll admit that Harris is probably a better QB, but that's ultimately what we saw late in the ut game as well.

Go back and watch the UK game. Until it was absolutely critical that we score, we played the bland version of football that we've become accustomed to. Then, them moment we're down, we suddenly march right down the field and score. It was the same Saturday. Muschamp views offense as a necessary evil. He wants to win games 17-10, ideally with a defensive score mixed in. The problem is, when you constantly give yourself a razor thin margin for error, you get these kinds of losses. It's what it is. He's not going to change. If anyone's good with that, then so be it. But if you think that he's going to change his approach, you are crazy. And if you think that said approach is going to magically become successful than you're even crazier.

Absolutely agree. The ironic part is how much his vaunted defense has been a liability. We could have easily won that game last night with how the offense played. Just hold them to less than 27 points. Shouldn't have been that hard. But yes, he loves to live on the razor edge of zero mistake football. Yet his players are undisciplined, commit stupid penalities, turn the ball over, take plays off, etc. None of which are acceptable in the type of football he wants to play.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Three TOs led to opponent points, still haven't won a big time SEC game, no clutch moments or highlight reel... still licking the guys ass. Good grief man.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are flat out awful on third down defensively. Awful.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n79107 said:
Absolutely agree. The ironic part is how much his vaunted defense has been a liability. We could have easily won that game last night with how the offense played. Just hold them to less than 27 points. Shouldn't have been that hard. But yes, he loves to live on the razor edge of zero mistake football. Yet his players are undisciplined, commit stupid penalities, turn the ball over, take plays off, etc. None of which are acceptable in the type of football he wants to play.

Defenses want to have fun as well. When there's so much pressure on you to be prefect, and you know that deep down that still might not be enough, you get frustrated play. I've said so many times that as good as our D is, imagine how'd they play if they actually had a lead. Knowing that one wrong angle could cost you the game--regardless of the opponent--sucks. They're not able to play loose or take chances because there's no margin for error.

Our defense used to have fun, and it showed. This brand of football isn't fun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78964 said:
Go back and watch the UK game. Until it was absolutely critical that we score, we played the bland version of football that we've become accustomed to. Then, them moment we're down, we suddenly march right down the field and score. It was the same Saturday. Muschamp views offense as a necessary evil.
Exactly.

This isn't going to change. It's ingrained in his Ray Goff soul. Plenty of coaches used to be like that in the 70s and 80s.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n78786 said:
I started and finished my postgame thoughts after UT with "How the f*ck did we win that game?" Seems like this week it should be, "How the f*ck did we lose that game?" :facepalm:

1. Disappointing effort from the front 7 on defense. ...

So that's about it from me, sorry it was a little longer this week. Haven't had a chance to discuss much in any of the current threads, so I had to consolidate more this time. Go Gators.
I find myself agreeing with you so much over the last several months. I don't know what's happening! :worried:

Your OP was spot on! Keep on posting!:thumbup:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n78980 said:
This was a not very good LSU team, struggling in all phases, playing in the Swamp. Everybody has made plays against them this year and they have often been pretty much shut down with the young QB's. We just made them look like SEC West contenders...which they clearly are not this year. That is how bad our coaching and preparation seem to be...we make teams look so much better than they really are...
Yet some people think, after seeing us struggle against three of the weakest teams in the SEC, that we are on our way to Atlanta. Amazing.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Team lacks the will to win. When the going gets tough Muschamp and Driskel show fear not determination. You can see it in their faces. When we had the ball down on the LSU goal line at the end there was no excuse not to get the ball into the end zone. And when LSU kicked the 50 yard field goat to win the game, the kicker just came in, cool and confident and just booted the ball and you knew it was going to be three points as soon as his foot hit the ball. This has moved beyond talent level, coaching knowledge and all that jazz. It is more in the realm of a loss in confidence, a loss of inspiration, a loss of emotion, a total loss of not buying in across the board. Hate to see it go down this way.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n79112 said:
Three TOs led to opponent points, still haven't won a big time SEC game, no clutch moments or highlight reel... still licking the guys ass. Good grief man.

Only two of the turnovers led to points, and one of them shouldn't have even happened in the first place if the TE had actually caught the wide open pass in the endzone that hit him dead square in the hands. The 73 yard pass and ensuing perfect 3rd down play execution were good enough for the highlight reel, as was the TD run he had where he drug the defenders in from 6 yards out. The TD pass he had on 4th down against UK was pretty clutch, as well. But willfully choose to ignore the good. I haven't chosen to ignore the bad, I flat out said Driskel deserves the sh*t he took over the late interception and that I would be all for Treon Harris starting if it meant the offense responded and performed better with him in there.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n79142 said:
I find myself agreeing with you so much over the last several months. I don't know what's happening! :worried:

Your OP was spot on! Keep on posting!:thumbup:

Pump on, Bro.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n79140 said:
Originally posted by soflagator View Post
Go back and watch the UK game. Until it was absolutely critical that we score, we played the bland version of football that we've become accustomed to. Then, them moment we're down, we suddenly march right down the field and score. It was the same Saturday. Muschamp views offense as a necessary evil.

Exactly.

This isn't going to change. It's ingrained in his Ray Goff soul. Plenty of coaches used to be like that in the 70s and 80s.

This is spot on. Saturday they came out agressive and as soon as LSU showed some life, WM turtled up IMO. Only until we had to get aggressive late did he do so.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
EuroGator;n79363 said:

fetch

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.