SEC Baseball Parity

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A little slow around these parts this time of year so I thought I would mention something that even the NFL might be jealous of. After about 2 weeks of baseball conference games, I said it looked like the SEC would have a good amount of teams finish conference play with records between 14-16 and 16-14. Well after 18 games, 11 of the 14 teams have records of 10-8. 9-9, or 8-10. UF is at 14-4. Tinerc at 7-11 and Bammer wipes the rear at 5-13. However all 14 teams sport a winning overall record. I have heard of parity but this is a little crazy.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
A little slow around these parts this time of year so I thought I would mention something that even the NFL might be jealous of. After about 2 weeks of baseball conference games, I said it looked like the SEC would have a good amount of teams finish conference play with records between 14-16 and 16-14. Well after 18 games, 11 of the 14 teams have records of 10-8. 9-9, or 8-10. UF is at 14-4. Tinerc at 7-11 and Bammer wipes the rear at 5-13. However all 14 teams sport a winning overall record. I have heard of parity but this is a little crazy.
Far and away the most competitive conference top to bottom. Amazing how Florida is 4 games ahead right now.. There's a lot of ball left to play, but the Gators are clearly the best team in the best conference. Impressive

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I fully expected a super tight race with a lot of 2-1 series. 14-4 in this conference is just nuts. I just hope they can keep the momentum going at the end of the year. It’s a funny sport that way.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wish they would move the conference tournament around instead of Hoover every year.

How about a neutral site with a larger park to make more money. I heard someone thinking that it would be good if some playoff games were in Boston at their pro stadium. That would be nice but not for our Gators, Tampa might be an options for something like that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish they would move the conference tournament around instead of Hoover every year.

Unfortunately that will never happen until the other 13 conference members decide that Bama does not run the show.

Why is the league office in Birmingham is another valid question. It should be located in Atlanta. Everyone knows that.

The answer is, regardless of what any of us wants to believe, we are being allowed to participate in Bama's conference. The league office is loaded with inbred Bama fans and alumni that ensure that Bama maintains their preferred status
The SEC is the south's own version of the Washington DC swamp

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Due to our increased power hitting (bunches of RBIs), Sullivan may be able to "rest" our best pitching arms near the end of the season. Anyway, this team's talent makeup seems to give him more "maneuverability" than last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator