SEC basketball awards announced

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't see a whole lot of talent on this team. Other than Allen, nobody makes me think NBA, and half are destined to be overseas. So, I want to believe in White as having gotten us where we are with what talent was there. But I'm more waiting to see what he can do in the NCAA with what talent he's pulled together - how does he gameplan for opponents, prepare his guys, and manage playing time based on the flow of the game when the pressure is on. So, this year's tournament....and probably a bit more weight on the next year or two where he can show us what talent he can bring in, how well he can develop that talent, and how well he can achieve-maintain solid in-game coaching ability.

I agree with you completely but I must state that while we don't have a lot of "NBA talent" as you stated, neither do many of the other teams that ultimately win it all. This whole "one and done" thing has served to consolidate the elite talent at a handful of schools which typically means that they have no continuity and can't sustain success (yes, I am looking at you UK) and they lose to more of the veteran teams with good players such as Villanova or UConn. These teams end up winning it all as often as the Dukes and the Kentuckys these days.

Well I agree and disagree with both of you:

1. A college roster where half the players are destined to play professionally overseas is a stocked college roster. There are 450 roster slots in the NBA. There are 4,563 roster slots in NCAA Division 1 and that is not counting potential NBA players from overseas or other NCAA divisions nor NAIA where from time to time an NBA player emerges.

2. UK may well have zero NBA talent this year. 6'3" guards particularly those whose only skill is shooting are not in high demand. Their post player does not seem to be a great NBA prospect to me either. Now maybe some of there PF types that are so bad they can barely play this year will develop, but as of now UK this year is not UK of past years.

3. Allen is a bit like this years UK guys. If he were 3 inches taller, he would be a high level NBA prospect. I think Robinson is a future NBA player. I am starting to think Allen might leave after this year also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.