SEC Championship - UF vs Bama?

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
OK, getting way ahead of myself here. But I think Bama's loss to ole miss was a fluke, Bama turned it over 5 times. and still made a game of it. Today proved they are still probably the best of the west. At this point UF is in the driver's seat for the East. Even if UF loses to LSU, who I now think is beatable, we still are in the driver's seat.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
It will be interesting to see how they play against Mizzou after a big win in prime time. After all, they are still kids....its not uncommon to have a letdown game after a big win. Hopefully Mac will get their heads in the right place. We obviously can beat anybody we play, so lets hope they stay focused and hungry!

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Swamped Gator;n290552 said:
Rematch of LSU-UF. Gators drop the first game but win the rematch in Atlanta.

I can't help after watching Bama completely dismember GA to think of UF in 2008. We lose to Ole Miss with 5 turnovers in a close one then win the rest of the way out. Bama really looks good, assuming they have solidied their QB position.

LSU is a good team talent wise, but I have to give the edge to Bama just on game coaching.

I would rather your scenario be the case, I like our chances against LSU better than Bama.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
L-boy;n290559 said:
I can't help after watching Bama completely dismember GA to think of UF in 2008. We lose to Ole Miss with 5 turnovers in a close one then win the rest of the way out. Bama really looks good, assuming they have solidied their QB position.

LSU is a good team talent wise, but I have to give the edge to Bama just on game coaching.

I would rather your scenario be the case, I like our chances against LSU better than Bama.

LSU's QB only oompleted 4 passes today. They are one dimensional. Stop LF and they have nothing.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Swamped Gator;n290560 said:
LSU's QB only oompleted 4 passes today. They are one dimensional. Stop LF and they have nothing.

A 44-22 victory against Eastern Michigan isn't necessarily that impressive..

I tend to agree with you. Bring the kichen sink against LSU rush. Our DB's are good enough that we can risk leaving them one on one and seeing what happens.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Gatormac2112;n290553 said:
It will be interesting to see how they play against Mizzou after a big win in prime time. After all, they are still kids....its not uncommon to have a letdown game after a big win. Hopefully Mac will get their heads in the right place. We obviously can beat anybody we play, so lets hope they stay focused and hungry!
Spot on. In the past we would lose to Mizzou. Can Mac get them back up for this game?

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Ancient Reptile;n290565 said:
Spot on. In the past we would lose to Mizzou. Can Mac get them back up for this game?

I guess we will see. My guess is we win, but not necessarily in an overwhelming fashion. Then heading to LSU on the road will be a hell of a challenge. I actually think we could take LSU under normal circumstances, but after last week, today, next week on the road and then in Death Valley, that is a pretty tall order.

Having a week break before GA sets us up nicely for that game.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of exciting football coming up. These next games just got very interesting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n290552 said:
Rematch of LSU-UF. Gators drop the first game but win the rematch in Atlanta.
I have trouble imaging us losing to LSU. We match up well against them and ugly. They are just too one dimensional.

We just beat the most talented and best coached team on our schedule.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although I think this is way premature... the thing I LOVE is this kind of talk is back. It should be this way. Can all the "well I hope I am wrong" people shut the hell up.

#Macbroughtbacktheswagger

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n290562 said:
. Our DB's are good enough that we can risk leaving them one on one and seeing what happens.
I think we could line up a bunch of our 4xl gatorchatters at DB and not worry about their QB. He makes Driskel look like a Heisman.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n290589 said:
I have trouble imaging us losing to LSU. We match up well against them and ugly. They are just too one dimensional.

We just beat the most talented and best coached team on our schedule.
I agree. I think we go into Death Valley, the "Valley of Dry Bones" and witness the resurrection of the great Gator Nation and a return to dominance. It's nice to see what a positive coaching change can mean. Mac will not let them get lackadaisical because of this win. Mizzoo will fall and we will keep LF from beating us at LSU. It's all possible. Did I mention we have a QB. The kid is the real deal.

G8RNTN

Proud Gator on RockyNot
Sep 25, 2015
Love the optimism, it is something that has been lacking over the last few years, but lets just beat Mizzou and keep moving on.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Last nights game was by far the best since Tebow left. But I'm going to out the brakes on the Championship talk for now. One game at a time. 5-0 baby.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou, Mizzou, Mizzou, Mizzou. Live in the now.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds good but lets focus on Mizzou first and one game at a time...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are plenty of kids on this roster that remember what Mizzu has done to us the last two years. I have no doubt we will not overlook them.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I'd say if we beat Mizzou and Tennessee upsets UGA then you can book a trip to Atlanta. Tennessee probably won't hold up their end of the deal so it's a big IF. I enjoyed going over to the Bama board to read the game thread of our game because they really wanted us to win plus they all have a lot of respect for coach Mac.

Just in case anyone wanted to bask in the glory: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254420

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's way too early to be thinking about this. Hell, I'm concerned about a letdown on the road against Missouri. It's all about matchups. We matched up well with Ole Miss because we can match their speed. We've shown all sorts of inconsistency in stopping the run. Bama's got a big imposing offensive line and big physical backs that would test our middle like no one else. That presents a matchup problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator