SEC quietly has banner opening week

Dec 10, 2014
Maybe people have just come accustomed to SEC dominance, but the juggernaut conference quietly cleaned up in the first week of football. South Carolina narrowly got by North Carolina and the Bama teams won on neutral fields against legit competition. This may be the deepest and most talented the conference has been. It will make Mac's job that much more difficult with an OL that is in shambles.

Regardless the conference doing well is good for the Gators.

Go Gators!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TAMU also crushed what many people saw as a dark horse playoff candidate. The only team that lost was Vandy, and well, they're Vandy.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley still pining to get a job with ESPN, jumping on board with their SEC bias.

as seen on ESPN comment sections

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
vanderbilt-commodores-mascot.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, big win was TAM. Bammer handled an overmatched Wisky, not really a surprise at all. I don't think much of USC struggling with a terrible UNC team. Actually, I'm much more certain they will be in the bottom of the SEC.

Vandy? Well, we have them for the GPA but that was sad even for Vandy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the minority, but I don't give a damn about SEC pride. I've said it before and I'll say it again...that crap is for losers like UT, UK, Missy State and the like. Our conference will always be the toughest as a whole, but I take zero pride in the accomplishments of Bama, LSU and Auburn. Leave that to the perennial losers.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n273349 said:
I'm in the minority, but I don't give a damn about SEC pride. I've said it before and I'll say it again...that crap is for losers like UT, UK, Missy State and the like. Our conference will always be the toughest as a whole, but I take zero pride in the accomplishments of Bama, LSU and Auburn. Leave that to the perennial losers.

oie_fullmetaljacket2.gif

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n273349 said:

Yep. The only way I care is if it helps the Gators. I would rather see them all lose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OllieGator;n273358 said:
Yep. The only way I care is if it helps the Gators. I would rather see them all lose.
Of course, it helps the Gators. If the conference whips everyone's azz then when it come down to a 1 loss SEC champ Gators vs. a 1 loss Michigan (2006), a one loss USC (2008), or maybe 1 loss TCU and Baylor (last year), we get in while they whine.

It's silly not to see that conference strength is critical, especially given that we've never managed to go undefeated yet still managed to bring home 3 NCs. Many, maybe most, one loss teams haven't been so lucky.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n273390 said:
Of course, it helps the Gators. If the conference whips everyone's azz then when it come down to a 1 loss SEC champ Gators vs. a 1 loss Michigan (2006), a one loss USC (2008), or maybe 1 loss TCU and Baylor (last year), we get in while they whine.

It's silly not to see that conference strength is critical, especially given that we've never managed to go undefeated yet still managed to bring home 3 NCs. Many, maybe most, one loss teams haven't been so lucky.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n273390 said:

When we're in the position to go the season with 1 loss then I'll rethink it. Right now, I'd enjoy dragging down the others.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How stupid? Of course you want your conference to do well OOC. Why do you think a non-SEC champ can play for a title? Because we are the best. How do you know we are the best? We more often than not beat our OOC competition. Take that away? And you are praying to get in as the 4th team instead of being the number one overall seed.

SEC pride is smart for the Gators and all SEC teams. You need to see the big picture and not be so small minded.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n273469 said:
How stupid? Of course you want your conference to do well OOC. Why do you think a non-SEC champ can play for a title? Because we are the best. How do you know we are the best? We more often than not beat our OOC competition. Take that away? And you are praying to get in as the 4th team instead of being the number one overall seed.

SEC pride is smart for the Gators and all SEC teams. You need to see the big picture and not be so small minded.

We all see the big picture and understand that the overall conference strength is important. My point is simple, don't pound your chest about the accomplishments of others...even if they're in your conference. It's what losers do because they can't get it done themselves.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n273469 said:

Truthful answer. You would have been upset if Bama, UT or Auburn were upset last week? I mean, you would have had all of the pundits coming out stating that the SEC is weak. I feel the majority on this site would have been laughing their collective asses off.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have always been for a strong SEC. I hate the big ten so why would I root against Bama? I hate the Big 12, the ACC and the Pac 12. I love it when any of our teams beats down someone from the north, west or mid-west. I hate Muschamp so I probably would've laughed had they lost. But overall, a strong SEC is really good for the Gators. Last year sucked having the SEC East go 0 for Ga Tech, Clemson and FSU. F the ACC!!!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n273390 said:

Yes but thats doesn't mean we should be chanting sec after we finished 5th in our division. That's just retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.