SEC schedules (UGA's not very tough)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for bringing to our attention that we have a weak schedule 14 days before the season opener.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Dwags only have 2 against the Top 25 because THE EAST SUCKS OTHER THAN THEM.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares?

Because we beat Ohio St in 2006, the SEC Champ is guaranteed a chance to play for the championship.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Who cares?

Because we beat Ohio St in 2006, the SEC Champ is guaranteed a chance to play for the championship.
Where I agree with you is UF controls its own destiny if we beat everyone. It just sucks that UGA so frequently gets an easier schedule than UF.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Where I agree with you is UF controls its own destiny if we beat everyone. It just sucks that UGA so frequently gets an easier schedule than UF.
No they don’t. Our schedules are very similar most years. We both play everyone in the East. Their permanent West foe is Auburn and ours is LSU. Their in-state rival is usually worse (GT) but other than that it’s pretty even.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
And when you suck your schedule looks difficult. Ask Vanderbilt. According to them they always have a difficult schedule.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Since the East sucks, how then do we wind up with 4 top 25 opponents. Do we judiciously choose the OOC/OOD teams with the highest ratings? Does SI look at our schedule and rate the preseason so we can move up the ratings and be in the playoffs. Inquiring minds really don't care. So, the four are GA, FSU, State and LSU. GA is legit, FSU still gets rated on Bobby Boy's legacy, State is riding our current coach's rep, and LSU must be rated on recruiting. We will beat three of the four. Go Gators.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
So, the four are GA, FSU, State and LSU. GA is legit, FSU still gets rated on Bobby Boy's legacy, State is riding our current coach's rep, and LSU must be rated on recruiting. We will beat three of the four. Go Gators.

Unless we are vastly improved--and I won't believe that until I see it-- we'll be lucky to win 2 of those games. More likely we will only win one of them, and it's conceivable that we go 0-4.

I think the new emphasis on S&C and special teams will pay dividends against the bad teams on our schedule. But, realistically, without improved OL and QB play, we are still probably not going to beat the better teams on our schedule this season.

GatorGooch

Aug 15, 2018
Unless we are vastly improved--and I won't believe that until I see it-- we'll be lucky to win 2 of those games. More likely we will only win one of them, and it's conceivable that we go 0-4.

I think the new emphasis on S&C and special teams will pay dividends against the bad teams on our schedule. But, realistically, without improved OL and QB play, we are still probably not going to beat the better teams on our schedule this season.
This... same problem we’ve have for the last decade, OL and QB play, and not to mention our attrition in the secondary.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This... same problem we’ve have for the last decade, OL and QB play, and not to mention our attrition in the secondary.
You forgot pitiful LBs (and always SLOW) and nonexistent WRs.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You forgot pitiful LBs (and always SLOW) and nonexistent WRs.
Wrong on LBs the last decade. On his topic of UF players this past decade that you referred to I wouldn't' say pitiful UF LBs . Maybe if I was someone who was telling people to not give to UF facilities I would.
UF had numerous NFL LBs who played for UF during the last decade.

J. Jenkins 2011,
L. Mccray 2010,
J Bostic 2012,
J Davis 2015,
A Morrison 2015,
A Anzalone 2016

Most schools would love to have those NFL LBs. Muschamp got some good LBs but our last DC was not getting the top LBS. It looks like our new DC is going to sign some top LBs.

The 4-3 that UF played this past decade is attractive to top DEs like Fowler. The 3-4 we are moving towards is attractive to top LBs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator