SEC Shorts Playoff Expansion Edition

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Excerpt from an interview with the main guy:

TRW: Which player, team or fan base is the most fun to parody and why?

Robert: Unfortunately for Tennessee, they’ve been pretty consistently terrible since we started making these videos, so they have born the full brunt of jokes at their expense. Their fans are great sports about it and have been able to laugh at the situation even though they are all dying on the inside.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’d prefer an 8 team playoff. But I’m okay with 12.

Anything over 12 is ridiculous. The regular season needs to carry weight. And there no way a a 16 seed team is going to win the MNC.

But a 12 seed might. And it may give them the exposure needed to get elite recruits.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Again...I do like an expansion...12 is crazy.

I hate the meaningless bowls.

And why do we have 129? Div-1 Teams.

I'd like to pair that down to 84-96 and 6 Conferences with 2 Divisions Each.

Have 6 Championships...winners have a bye.

Have 4 Wild-Card. Winners play Top Ranked conference champs.

8 Team Play-off.

Eliminate non-Power Conference In Season Games.

Cut the Season to 10 Games

Four Conferences, 12 teams each. And I challenge you to find 48 teams that have a chance to win it all.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Anything over 12 is ridiculous

it borders on ...

6853GOM.jpg
s

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Anything over 12 is ridiculous. Then regular season needs to carry weight. And there no way a a 16 seed team is going to win the MNC.

But a 12 seed might. And it may give them the exposure needed to get elite recruits.
I think 8 is the most you can go without destroying the regular season, and I still wonder if 8 is too much.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it borders on ...

6853GOM.jpg
s
Pretending #12 ranked 3 loss team should be contending for a "championship" IS Participation Trophy land.

pretending someone who didn't even win their conference and often not their division should be contending for a championship is participation trophy land.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Honestly, I like them too. But oretending the next Central Fla, Coastal Carolina, or Houston is a natuonal titke contender is insane. Or even in the same plane as SEC teams.

They should never be in same division. Let Memphis play Coastal for the 1AAa crown.

Or join a Big Boy Conference and compete...frankly I'm even tired of Vandy but they at least they compete in Baseball and Basketball

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think 8 is the most you can go without destroying the regular season, and I still wonder if 8 is too much.

5 would be Power 5 champs...how do you pick the other 3? And is it fair if they don't play in a Championship?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Anything over 12 is ridiculous. Then regular season needs to carry weight. And there no way a a 16 seed team is going to win the MNC.

I am in favor of a 128 team playoff format. Errrbody gets in. Maybe even double elimination. After week one, you have 64 in the winners bracket and 64 in the losers bracket. After week two, 32 in the winners bracket and 64 in the losers bracket. After week three, 16 in the winners bracket and 48 in the losers. After week four, 8 in the winners, 28 in the losers. Week five, 4 in the winners, 18 in the losers. Etc. Everyone eliminated can schedule the rest of the season amongst the two time losers.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am in favor of a 128 team playoff format. Errrbody gets in. Maybe even double elimination. After week one, you have 64 in the winners bracket and 64 in the losers bracket. After week two, 32 in the winners bracket and 64 in the losers bracket. After week three, 16 in the winners bracket and 48 in the losers. After week four, 8 in the winners, 28 in the losers. Week five, 4 in the winners, 18 in the losers. Etc. Everyone eliminated can schedule the rest of the season amongst the two time losers.

Jeeze, you put some thought into that.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I would've posted more in this thread, but that drunk talking donkey kept stealing my posts and pawning them off as his. 12 is absurd. I'm not watching those seeds get their teeth kicked in every year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
5 would be Power 5 champs...how do you pick the other 3? And is it fair if they don't play in a Championship?
Gotta believe the committee will go with top ranked remaining teams, factoring in W-L, head2head matchups and sos, and hope they eventually have a bias against notre lame.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would've posted more in this thread, but that drunk talking donkey kept stealing my posts and pawning them off as his. 12 is absurd. I'm not watching those seeds get their teeth kicked in every year.
It is the way I roll.... or stumble....

:drunk:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Gotta believe the committee will go with top ranked remaining teams, factoring in W-L, head2head matchups and sos, and hope they eventually have a bias against notre lame.

And if #7 gets in without playing a game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.