Seider talks about the RBs

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do too. Terribly. But I gotta see it against somebody with more talent than Ky and Vandy. We're SUPPOSED to beat the bottom dwellers of the SEC.
Yes, 8 years ago.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Is it just me or does it seem like CFB is at a weird place schematically on offense?

The spread option is pretty stale (see UT's pathetic attempt to run it) and it doesn't seem like we've seen the next big thing.

Since UF has seen more success running the Ball lately I wonder if we try to build our identity on running similar to the old Bama teams.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if we try to build our identity on running similar to the old Bama teams.
Youre wondering? Well, after hiring one Saban reject and one Saban assistant, and after watching our "offense" for seven years, how could you doubt it?

Bammer's one to two yards and a cloud of dust will never be Gator football though.

Last edited:

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Youre wondering? Well, after hiring one Saban reject and one Saban assistant, and after watching our "offense" for seven years, how could you doubt it?

Bammer one to two yards and a cloud of dust will never be Gator football though.
Even Bama doesn't play that way anymore. I can't really think of any team in the SEC that I would consider to have an innovative offense.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even Bama doesn't play that way anymore. I can't really think of any team in the SEC that I would consider to have an innovative offense.

Well - the Barn is pretty innovative. Unfortunately, it's basically a high school offense. It was innovative for about two years.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Is it just me or does it seem like CFB is at a weird place schematically on offense?

The spread option is pretty stale (see UT's pathetic attempt to run it) and it doesn't seem like we've seen the next big thing.

Since UF has seen more success running the Ball lately I wonder if we try to build our identity on running similar to the old Bama teams.
To me, it proves my theory that Xs and Os are way overrated. Any system looks good with good players. The key in football has always been balance. And not just balance in run/ pass play calling, but balance in production.

The offense that's hardest to prepare for is an offense averaging nearly 250 pass yards and 200 rushing yards/gm. If not, the defense will have a decided advantage if they're able to consistently predict your play by reading your tendency or playing to your only strength.

The caveat to all of this is tempo. If you play with the RIGHT tempo you can neutralize some of the unbalance issues. Notice that Nuss's tempo is all over the place so the offense suffers tremendously from that.

We've been extremely unbalanced in offensive production over the past few years. I turn on a game and see this weird, clunky offensive pace and know right away the offense will struggle.

We still play at a weird pace, but the team is becoming a little more balanced in production so it allows the team marginal success.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I'm all in for watching a good line and stable of RBs rumble and break their hearts :) When you're run on, it just feels that much longer of a day and depresses you that much deeper on Sundays. When we challenge with the aerial, I just like seeing something popping open vertical greater than 15 yards. I'm a selfish SOB. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator