Serena meltdown

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You’re normally a great poster, but you’re dead wrong on this subject, buddy. I suspect you’re just too big of a fan to be able to look at it objectively. Serena is soley responsible for this embarrassing episode due to her behavior.

Mods, please deduct MJMGator 100 oxbucks for verbal abuse. This is a rule violation :grin:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I never said “race” or “racist” once. If I were arguing anything, it had more to do with sexism. Comprehension clearly isn’t your strong suit. You can keep misinterpreting my argument if you want. You’ve obviously been triggered. I’m sorry I touched a nerve.

Yes dear...whatever it takes to make you believe you've won the argument. Have a nice day.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just because it is a rule doesn’t make it logical. Did the catch rule in the NFL make sense? No. They amended it after receiving enough backlash. After the match, the broadcasters repeatedly stated that players receive coaching ALL THE TIME and are rarely penalized for it. Rules are not bible. If they don’t make sense, they should be changed.

I'm going to echo MJM in this, that you're a solid poster. But in this case, I think you're missing the point. She wasn't assessed a penalty for the coaching. She was given a warning, which is standard. The breaking of her racket earned her the penalty, which is also standard. Then, when she continued her tirade--which makes little sense considering she absolutely knows the rules and broke them--and took it to the point of insulting the ref, she was docked a game.

This is where media, especially if it wants to make a point, screws everything up and creates these heated debates. How could anyone possibly feel that the above mentioned sequence of events, especially when all parties know the process, be perceived as anything other than a completely normal, and totally justifiable position by the authorities? Warning. Small penalty. Greater penalty. It's honestly that simple. The problem is it's being framed with all these narratives and underlying hypotheticals, which completely distorts the whole thing.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
As usual, I like your post SoFla but let's make sure we are all on the same page. The coaching was a code violation but was not penalized because it was the first code violation. The racket smashing was penalized because it was the second code violation.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Send this thread to the dungeon. There are some moronic opinions in here. The stupidity is obviously contagious.

Alcoholica is an appropriate username because you come across like a drunk. Obviously, you can’t just accept greatness when it’s staring you in the face. You’re so butthurt it’s not even funny. The fact that this woman is so good is obviously triggering for you. Osaka even said Serena was her idol.

Bama&GatorFan thinks someone needs to be a “good sport” to be the greatest of all time. Really? So, by that logic, Nick Saban is an absolute piece of ****. Oh, he’s not because he’s a man and he’s allowed to be an ******* and throw tantrums? Ah, I see! Go back and think that argument over in your trailer and make sure you run it by your sister/wife.
Can this idiot be banned for cumulative ignorance and stupidity?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Dude, go back and look at my previous posts. You tennis aficionados keep harping on the fact that I accidentally used the term “game” instead of “match”. Who cares? We all know she was losing. The fact of the matter is that the ref stopped the match and penalized her because her coach put two thumbs in the air and motioned backwards. That could have easily been stopped with a simple warning to THE COACH. Serena actually had a conversation with him after the first incident and thought they had a mutual understanding.

I don’t care about Ramos’ history. His actions in the past don’t justify this situation. He was obviously a sensitive little man and still is. He should have expressed restraint instead of trying to make an example out of a player in a match that should have been fully determined by the players. She is not blameless, but there should have never been three violations.
Again your ignorance is showing. Why don't you go watch the match? She was not penalized at all for coaching. She was WARNED about coaching. And the coach works for her. She was docked a point when she smashed her racquet throwing a temper tantrum after she lost a game with two double faults.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never would have guessed in a million years! Can you see beyond the color of her skin?

Lol. You’re a clown. I never argued anything about race in this situation. Osaka is half black, so that wouldn’t even make sense. I was randomly asked if I was black first, as if that was somehow relevant to the argument I was making. I guess only black people support Serena? Not even sure what he was getting at. YOU seem to not be able to drop race, so let’s get into why I said what I said:

For whatever reason, old white dudes always have an issue when non white athletes are too expressive or emotional. In MLB, when Latin players flip their bats after a homerun, they aren’t “playing the game the right way”. In the NFL, players that celebrate excessively after a touchdown are “ghetto” or “thugs”. You can argue that she was in the wrong for her actions, but the insults (not to mention the racist caricature of both players) were uncalled for and have a nefarious undertone.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Lol. You’re a clown. I never argued anything about race in this situation. Osaka is half black, so that wouldn’t even make sense. I was randomly asked if I was black first, as if that was somehow relevant to the argument I was making. I guess only black people support Serena? Not even sure what he was getting at. YOU seem to not be able to drop race, so let’s get into why I said what I said:

For whatever reason, old white dudes always have an issue when non white athletes are too expressive or emotional. In MLB, when Latin players flip their bats after a homerun, they aren’t “playing the game the right way”. In the NFL, players that celebrate excessively after a touchdown are “ghetto” or “thugs”. You can argue that she was in the wrong for her actions, but the insults (not to mention the racist caricature of both players) were uncalled for and have a nefarious undertone.
Like Ramos? ;)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I am actually. You’re clearly an old white guy. It’s pretty obvious. I don’t even need to ask.
Mostly white, not really old. But you don’t even hesitate to ponder why I knew you were black. It’s because you are acting like a caricature.

She was in the fccking wrong. She isn’t owed shyt. She’s an entitled lil bytch that got knocked down a peg. Fock her, hope she never wins another major and never breaks the record. And if she had lost to a white girl, who knows what would’ve been said.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mostly white, not really old. But you don’t even hesitate to ponder why I knew you were black. It’s because you are acting like a caricature.

She was in the fccking wrong. She isn’t owed shyt. She’s an entitled lil bytch that got knocked down a peg. Fock her, hope she never wins another major and never breaks the record. And if she had lost to a white girl, who knows what would’ve been said.

What the hell does mostly white mean? Are you a quarter French and 1/3rd Irish? Can you give me your AncestryDNA breakdown while you’re at it? And yeah, I’m clearly the one that’s acting like a caricature. Well said. ;)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell does mostly white mean? Are you a quarter French and 1/3rd Irish? Can you give me your AncestryDNA breakdown while you’re at it? And yeah, I’m clearly the one that’s acting like a caricature. Well said. ;)
Whatever you say Ava

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Read some posts. Don't know if I'll get around to reading them all.
A fine World Class sporting event had spiritual vomit projectiles hurled by an admired champion Serena Williams.
Worse, when any person attempts to make personal despicable behavior acceptable via membership in some expansive group like 1) womanhood, 2) blackness, 3) motherhood they are lurching towards another group known as bullies. Tennis has never ignored such vile behavior in male or female. The villain demanding a publicly humiliating apology = bullying to humiliate.

I know, somebody should draw a horrid cartoon relating to horrid behavior.

Poor unimportant Osaka, who won violating no rules. What a ruined U.S. Open Tournament.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
As a new poster here this thread is instructional in terms of where lines are drawn. Its refreshing in a way that I haven't seen in quite a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.