Serial rapist Darren Sharper sentenced to 18 years

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did I get this correct ? = 18 years are Federal court sentencing and he has appearances
due in 3 different states' courts? What about double jeopardy ?

Sep 29, 2015
Kind of light if you ask me. I don't recall exactly and don't care enough to research it, but I think he was accused of, and apparently did, rape something like 11 women. That would be less than 2 years per for a calculating serial rapist.

Screw him.

That's likely in his future, Rog.

EDIT: Read the link. It was 16. Whoa.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of light if you ask me. I don't recall exactly and don't care enough to research it, but I think he was accused of, and apparently did, rape something like 11 women. That would be less than 2 years per for a calculating serial rapist.

That's likely in his future, Rog.

EDIT: Read the link. It was 16. Whoa.
Exact same thing I thought. Should have got life. He'll be out in 5 years with that sentence.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly 16 women in several states ?? We need an early warning system on such serial rapists.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If that POS did that to one of my girls I'd be counting down the days for his release...then I'd hand out some real justice!
Me and you both...In my opinion They should castrate anyone convicted of sexual assault. If they are convicted of multiple rapes then fry them bastards!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he'll be serial raped as well. That sentence is too light.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda reminds me of Bill Cosby. Sharper was a nice-looking, rich, famous guy - he could have had hundreds of gorgeous women a year without drugs. But like Cosby, he must have gotten some kind of sexual thrill from drugging them first.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand how 18 years and 4 months is 15 months less than the maximum for something like that. That's barely a year per woman he raped.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a woman, it's really hard to continuously see stories like this. While it's good that he's going to jail for his crimes, these sentences for higher profile rape cases lately are disturbing. I just have no words to describe how it feels and it's not even something that's personally affected me, and I hope to God never does. I feel for these women so much.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What a judicial failure ! The utmost responsibility of the judges is to attach sentences that attest to
how horrid society considers that crime. There were 11 rape crimes the rapist was convicted on.
Apparently, he's committed at least 5 more rapes for a total of 16. It's ludicrous to assign a punishment
of 18 years for these 11 crimes -- especially, when the system will immediately start looking for ways to
cut down on that time = 14 years, 12, 11, 10 ??

The sentencing has to project the shame society projects onto these type criminals. To relentlessly
press the unfogged concept that rape is an atrocious action that will get you a tsunami of hate from
everybody. That is the systematic education pressure these judges have to start teaching with their
superharsh sentencing for rape.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how federal and state conviction and appeals work together.

Maybe the state convictions will be the heavy sentences?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand how 18 years and 4 months is 15 months less than the maximum for something like that. That's barely a year per woman he raped.
The average sentence for murder in this country is 7 years.

Everything else is much less than that.

Revolving door justice everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.