Shane Matthews starts his 3 month sentence

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
http://www.gainesville.com/news/20180602/shane-matthews-starts-his-3-month-sentence

....to payback 18.8 million! That's a lot of celebrity signing gigs at Ashley Schaeffer BMW.

maxresdefault.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Where is he doing time?

Also, Kenny Powers is/was the greatest sitcom character of all time. They picked the perfect actor to play that role!

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...s-football-shane-matthews-20180206-story.html

"Matthews will wear electronic "home detention" monitoring for three months, must do 50 hours of community service and pay a fine of $100."

So he has to stay at home? He picked a good time, he'll be "free" in time for football season! At least he won't have to wear the monitor to the games! :D

Seriously, he got screwed by Monty Grow....and he also got lucky he didn't get more time. The Feds give out 2 and 4 year sentences like it was Halloween candy. I know two friends from HS who did federal time for 'white collar' crimes and they were pretty minor (I thought).

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Confined to an AC home for the hot humid FL summer.

Brutal.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Confined to an AC home for the hot humid FL summer.

Brutal.
Shane is a two-bit player here and probably lacked the smarts to really know what he was getting involved in.

At least that's my view from afar.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of offending Ox and his "pound me in the ass" federal prison dreams, most people on home confinement also get work release (usually during the day M-F but it could be a modified schedule). So he may well actually not be stuck only at home.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Shane is a two-bit player here and probably lacked the smarts to really know what he was getting involved in.

At least that's my view from afar.
I'd be willing to bet he knew damn well he was breaking the law.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boss is excited about Babik's early release.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'd be willing to bet he knew damn well he was breaking the law.

Heck it is not even clear to me that anyone broke the law here. There was evidence submitted in court that when asked about fraud Grow told his employee turned informant that they did not do that. This could be typical federal over reach and right now the reputation of prosecutors particularly federal prosecutors is about as low as it can get with me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Heck it is not even clear to me that anyone broke the law here. There was evidence submitted in court that when asked about fraud Grow told his employee turned informant that they did not do that. This could be typical federal over reach and right now the reputation of prosecutors particularly federal prosecutors is about as low as it can get with me.
Uh, didn’t he take a deal? An innocent man doesn’t take a deal.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Uh, didn’t he take a deal? An innocent man doesn’t take a deal.
Well..... facing hundreds of thousands of legal fees to defend himself with no guarantee and putting his families financial future at risk they take deals. Three months and maybe $10k in fees is nothing.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shane got a good deal here so he should do his time quietly.

The guys biggest issue is a severe case of arrogance and maybe this will help him to recover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator