Shannon reels in another South Florida recruit

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n219029 said:
I think it's the state of the program more than the coaches......If the coaches pull 7 or 8 wins out of their asses the kids will come. I'm quite worried we might stop getting the uber talented defensive players like we have over the last 4 or 5 years because we are still going to need them while Mac tries to fix this train wreck of an offense....I don't see it happening in one season.

Of course it won't happen in one season, but Mac is on the clock. He needs to get the roster balanced, and damn quick, if he is to have future success.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n219008 said:
why the rest of the staff can't even manage to land a single damn recruit.
Hopefully its because they haven't lowered their standards to recruit no star prospects?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So many of you gave complete blind faith in a unproven 1st time HC and held on to the bitter end. Now, there's absolutely no trust in a proven HC that he or his staff know what's going on.

Fickle bunch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I"m not sure why finishing third in the WAC and losing to a service academy equates to "proven". Of course we know the answer is your WAClove.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n219029 said:
I think it's the state of the program more than the coaches......
That's true. It's going to take two excellent classes +2 years to get us back on track. We needed an excellent recruiting, "known name" coach to overcome it. It's why we HAD to swing for the fences instead of bunting with this hire. We aimed for Richt with this hire, 9-4 or so.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219072 said:
That's true. It's going to take two excellent classes +2 years to get us back on track. But we need excellent "known name" coaches to overcome it. It's why we HAD to swing for the fences instead of bunting with this hire.
I agree. And I'm sure concrete is with me 100percent, we should have hired Mike Gundy

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;219067 said:
I"m not sure why finishing third in the WAC and losing to a service academy equates to "proven". Of course we know the answer is your WAClove.

:lmao:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;219081 said:
I agree. And I'm sure concrete is with me 100percent, we should have hired Mike Gundy

Maybe we can get T. Boone Pickens to upgrade our facilities.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n219081 said:
I'm sure concrete is with me 100percent, we should have hired Mike Gundy
Bielema would have been my first choice but Foley's wallet wouldn't open far enough to out bid Arky :headslap:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n219098 said:
Bielema would have been my first choice but Foley's wallet wouldn't open far enough to out bid Arky :headslap:

Thanks for reminding us of your stupid choice. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LagoonGator68;n219055 said:
Of course it won't happen in one season, but Mac is on the clock. He needs to get the roster balanced, and damn quick, if he is to have future success.

Kind of a chicken/egg scenario. If he can win with the chicken sh!t he has now the higher rated offensive players will take notice and some will come. It is a big if though. Balance would be nice but honestly I've forgotten what that looks like.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n219055 said:
Of course it won't happen in one season, but Mac AND FOLEY are on the clock.
FIFY

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. He doesn't add any real content.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n219110 said:
Says the guy who swore we were inline for Chip Kelly.......

I never said that. You must have me confused with someone else.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219112 said:
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. He doesn't add any real content.

Foley sucks. Muschamp sucks. Driskel sucks.

/law

Great content there. :rolleyes:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n219067 said:
I remember way back in the day (2004) when we used to hire the coach that actually won the conference.

Ah, the good ol' days.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219067 said:

beats the hell out of the Muschump Pumping you were doing in the beginning. Quite acting like you always hated the Chump. I remember plenty of you "BOOM" love.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
The acceptance of this kid is a troubling sign. It's too be expected that a new hire's first class will not be very good. That's what happened this past class, the two five stars, Jefferson and Ivey, really saved it fro being horrible. But, usually, a new hire's second class is great at UF. He can sell hope, playing time, enthusiasm, the promise of a better team, etc. Butch Jones has done that at Tennessee. one thing to take a handful "under the radar" prospects, but if a large percentage fall into that category, I think it's a problem, unless UF's coaches are smarter than anyone else. Shannon was the only one who offered UF's lone linebacker in the past class, and flipped a player from FAU. Now UF takes a player that's only offer was from FAU. It's not going well. UF must get a quarterback, will the only one that says yes be Culpepper? I'd trade Duke's class for UF's right now, that's how far UF has sunk. Maybe McElwain has a different philosophy, something akin to Gary Pinkel at Missouri. Missouri's classes are never highly ranked, yet they have won the East the past two years and have destroyed Florida on the field. We can only hope that McElwain is as astute and is choosing players based on their ability to fit into his system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.