SHOCK: Offense in the top 50

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just about every team played a cupcake for one of the first two games, so the numbers aren't that skewed. We are a top 10 defense at the moment, but we all knew we would have a good to great D this year.

The question of how far we would go would depend on the offensive numbers. Through the first two games we are ranked the following:

Points per game t-57
Yards per game 44
Total yards 44
passing yards/game 29
rushing yards/game 70 our worse ranking
Total points 55

ok, granted we haven't hit the meat of the SEC defenses, but these are the types numbers (and better) we need to make recruits on this side of the ball want to come here. Also I feel if we can continue to improve each week, even against SEC defenses, we should put up good numbers.

The KY game was a breath of fresh air.

Go Gators

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Still hard to belive that with the athletes available in Florida and the south east we can't crack the top 20. :facepalm:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still hard to belive that with the athletes available in Florida and the south east we can't crack the top 20. :facepalm:

....we can't crack the top 20 or we haven't yet cracked the top 20?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mushchimp says thats on him. He would have back in triple digit territory in no time.

You just seem happy to hang on to the past.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just about every team played a cupcake for one of the first two games, so the numbers aren't that skewed. We are a top 10 defense at the moment, but we all knew we would have a good to great D this year.

The question of how far we would go would depend on the offensive numbers. Through the first two games we are ranked the following:

Points per game t-57
Yards per game 44
Total yards 44
passing yards/game 29
rushing yards/game 70 our worse ranking
Total points 55

ok, granted we haven't hit the meat of the SEC defenses, but these are the types numbers (and better) we need to make recruits on this side of the ball want to come here. Also I feel if we can continue to improve each week, even against SEC defenses, we should put up good numbers.

The KY game was a breath of fresh air.

Go Gators

To be brutally honest...these numbers are MEH and won't attract anybody on the offensive side. One great game and one sad game on offense. Let's dismantle North Texas just like Kentucky and you'll see those numbers climb.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wanna see our offense in the top 30-40 range by the end of the season. That'll tell me we really are improving. With our defense, that'll be good enough to win the East, compete with the West champs, and get an invite to a nice bowl game and hopefully win that too this time. That could help turn recruiting around some.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wanna see our offense in the top 30-40 range by the end of the season. That'll tell me we really are improving. With our defense, that'll be good enough to win the East, compete with the West champs, and get an invite to a nice bowl game and hopefully win that too this time. That could help turn recruiting around some.
I want our offense to be top 10-15 and top 3 in sec w definite signs of improvement. By next year we need to be top in SEC, especially with the defensive dropoff coming.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One thing is for certain. Those stats should get padded some this week with NTx. But looking to our next opponent bUTtchugger U this is setting up nicely for UF. Currently #9 Total D vs a UT D that's ranked #61 and giving up almost 350 yards/game. Keep it up Gators, if you stay on course you will be looking very good and continue to rise. AND KEEP TAYLOR ON THE OL.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want our offense to be top 10-15 and top 3 in sec w definite signs of improvement. By next year we need to be top in SEC, especially with the defensive dropoff coming.
We'd all love to see that, but expecting it with the number of "skilled" 3 stars on our roster is another matter. We suck, and can't recruit, in case you missed it.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you saying we will?

I didn't. I pointed out that you said we can't. I believe we could, whether or not we do.

I also tend to agree with others who said that just showing big improvement is good enough as long as our defense plays as well as it has recently. We just had a game that was as close to perfect as we could hope for. Let us enjoy dreaming of possibilities for a week! :stars:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

+1

This is my attitude. After our past rankings, coupled with the talent on the field on that side if the ball, I think it would be a big step forward.

Also, would the mod who edited the title please take credit for the shock value

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really have to ask that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.