Should college football recruits choose Florida or FSU?

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Still a top 5 program in the nation" is all that matters.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They make valid points but a solid season can even the playing field again. I don't think FSU will be as good this year without all those guys that left for the NFL. Winston can't win by himself.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't that long ago that fsu was very mediocre and UF was the king of college football...it's cyclical and we'll be back among the elites again

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
They make valid points but a solid season can even the playing field again. I don't think FSU will be as good this year without all those guys that left for the NFL. Winston can't win by himself.
Winston will be an average quarterback without those targets.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Winston is a good quarterback who had a ton of talent around him. Right now FSU is the better team, but give it 3 years and this will flip.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Winston is a good quarterback who had a ton of talent around him. Right now FSU is the better team, but give it 3 years and this will flip.
I'm thinking it will be flipped by next year at the latest. FSU only has a 1 game winning streak against us, we've still recruited well the last three years, and Winston is as good as gone in 2015. I don't care what he says.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
I agree with you on Winston. And I think while 1 year may be a little optimistic, it's for sure possible. I'd say no later than 3 years.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is, some of the players that wind up at FSU couldn't get in to the University of Florida. I like our standards (FSU has no standards).

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There is more to choosing a school besides recent success. As a recruit they should look at fan base, history, facilities, and IMO most importantly, academics. UF is better in all of the above categories, and recent success is always changing.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
If you go back and watch the QB tape there is a lot of off target throws from Winston. He had excellent WRs which I wish we had.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We dominated them with a healthy offensive and defensive line in 2012. We'll do it again this year on Ron Zook field.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Winston is good but not GREAT!

He will struggle this year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n9627 said:
There is more to choosing a school besides recent success. As a recruit they should look at fan base, history, facilities, and IMO most importantly, academics. UF is better in all of the above categories, and recent success is always changing.
Unfortunately a large amount of recruits just j Pick whatever school is winning

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fsu loses so much more than people realize. There is going to be some drop off. Also we will be way more tested than them.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are nuts when you say Winston is not a great quarterback. He is the most accurate quarterback in college football. He doesn't just throw short passes like Petty and Mariota, he throws downfield and is more accurate on a deep pass than anyone in the game. I just think you are blinded by the fact thaqt he plays for a rival. He may be the best college football player of all time. No one has done what he has done as a freshman, and I expect him to only be better next year. It's also pretty silly to think his receivers were the reason for his success, he always outs the ball where they vcan caytch it an his ability to change the speed of the ball to warrant the type of pass is outstanding. He has all the pitches, fast, slow, and intermediate. There's only one pass needed to prove he's better than all the rest. The bomb he threw to Benjamin in Gainesville was it. He threw the ball 65 yards in the air for a strike. If you watch the NFL combine, the quarterbacks can't even throw the ball that far, much less with accuracy in a real game. I would think he's gone after this year since he'll be the first pick in the draft. Let's hope so, otherwise we can expect Winston to dominate UF for another year just like another all time great player, Herschel Walker. If you don't know Winston is a great player after watching him last year, you don't know much about football. Let's not be petty, give the guy his due, he has certainly earned it.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Winston is a great QB. But its also nuts to say he didn't have a lot of help around him. The guy has the talent to be one of the greatest QB's this decade, but I'd be surprised if we don't find out about more off the field issues to come.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Winston can definitely play but I think he will have a little dropoff losing that big receiver. He seemed to hit him a bunch on those 3rd downs to keep drives alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.