Shouldn't the first recruiting priority be finding a McQB?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We definitely need some big uglies. Harris will probably be the starting QB for a few years.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129284 said:
We definitely need some big uglies. Harris will probably be the starting QB for a few years.

Possibly..I think Grier will take over for Harris next season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n129285 said:
Possibly..I think Grier will take over for Harris next season.

I doubt it because Harris didn't even play Spring and was ahead at the end of camp (according to Roper anyway) but we will see I guess.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129290 said:
I doubt it because Harris didn't even play Spring and was ahead at the end of camp (according to Roper anyway) but we will see I guess.

After what we've seen from this offense the last few years..you trust our offensive staff to make the right choice? I mean they stayed with Driskel for so long..I don't trust their evaluations of offensive talent for one second. Hell, Jameis "The Rapist" Winston red-shirted and then won the Heisman the next year. There are many reasons guys are redshirted.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n129292 said:
After what we've seen from this offense the last few years..you trust our offensive staff to make the right choice? I mean they stayed with Driskel for so long..I don't trust their evaluations of offensive talent for one second. Hell, Jameis "The Rapist" Winston red-shirted and then won the Heisman the next year. There are many reasons guys are redshirted.

The Driskel thing was crazy (Muschamp love for him) but I do think Harris was probably playing better than Grier a little. Also the level of competition was night and day in high school that the two had. I think Harris will do alright under a competent head coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129284 said:

Harris will need to tighten up his game if that is the case. great deep ball, but questionable short/intermediate throws. Runs the read options better than expected and is good at timing and flow of offense.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129294 said:
The Driskel thing was crazy (Muschamp love for him) but I do think Harris was probably playing better than Grier a little. Also the level of competition was night and day in high school that the two had. I think Harris will do alright under a competent head coach.

Again, we can only assume. But I believe Grier and Harris will fight it out. Harris showed me nothing this season that gives me a reason to believe he can be the guy for three more seasons.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n129252 said:
Coney would be a good get but I'd push hard for Holland. He's physically ready for big time CFB. The only problem I've heard is academics. Ray Ray would be nice but don't forget we still have Derrick Dillon. I think he might be one of the most underated players coming out of HS.

Coney is an EE and likely an ILB. If we don't sway him this week, he's going to ND. Holland is an OLB and we have time to work on him. Besides the point, we should have 4 LB's in this class.

Ray Ray would be a RB more than likely and Derrick Dillon is definitely on flip watch now that LSU has offered.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n129297 said:
Again, we can only assume. But I believe Grier and Harris will fight it out. Harris showed me nothing this season that gives me a reason to believe he can be the guy for three more seasons.

We will see I guess. I think he did alright being a true freshman and being thrown into that cluster of an offense.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129306 said:
We will see I guess. I think he did alright being a true freshman and being thrown into that cluster of an offense.

The offense and play calling was terrible..but not an excuse to miss some of the wide open throws he missed..especially that last one that was an intermediate throw to D-Rob where he was wide open for a first down. Against FSU.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n129301 said:
Coney is an EE and likely an ILB. If we don't sway him this week, he's going to ND. Holland is an OLB and we have time to work on him. Besides the point, we should have 4 LB's in this class.

Ray Ray would be a RB more than likely and Derrick Dillon is definitely on flip watch now that LSU has offered.

I thought Ray Ray was going to play WR ? Coney would be huge as an ILB, however Holland is an absolute animal....He's got the speed and strength to be a game changer on defense, we'll need both the way our LB situation looks now. I didn't know LSU had not offered Dillon. I hope we don't lose him. If you haven't seen his tape watch it, he's ridiculous in even the tiniest spaces.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n129248 said:
He said he could win with his dog Claribelle

Only if he plays with the teams balls before they play.

....fetch! Plays FETCH with the teams balls..... :giggle:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n129307 said:
The offense and play calling was terrible..but not an excuse to miss some of the wide open throws he missed..especially that last one that was an intermediate throw to D-Rob where he was wide open for a first down. Against FSU.

Roper or one of them said that was on the WR more than the QB because of the location of the Safety I think it was.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129321 said:
Roper or one of them said that was on the WR more than the QB because of the location of the Safety I think it was.

Whether he ran a slight wrong route or not, sometimes you just gotta improvise...it's football, won't always be perfect. But then again, of course they would say that!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n129316 said:
Only if he plays with the teams balls before they play.

....fetch! Plays FETCH with the teams balls..... :giggle:

Quit trying to make fetch happen. It's never going to happen.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n129331 said:
Quit trying to make fetch happen. It's never going to happen.

Obviously, you've never seen a dog around peanut butter...... :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n129326 said:
Whether he ran a slight wrong route or not, sometimes you just gotta improvise...it's football, won't always be perfect. But then again, of course they would say that!

If I remember correctly he was as implying Harris threw it where the WR should have sat on the route due to the safety.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129335 said:
If I remember correctly he was as implying Harris threw it where the WR should have sat on the route due to the safety.

I think the two of you might be talking about two different plays. The one were D-Rob was on the option route on a timed intermediate pass, and another where D-Rob was going across the middle and the ball sailed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n129347 said:
I think the two of you might be talking about two different plays. The one were D-Rob was on the option route on a timed intermediate pass, and another where D-Rob was going across the middle and the ball sailed.

I am talking about the one at the end I am pretty sure. Roper I think it was said the WR is supposed to sit on that with the location of the safety where he was cutting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator