Show recommendation thread

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just started watching Friday Night Lights. Only a few shows in. Pretty good entertainment. So far.

Wifey and I binged that right after we had our first daughter in 2017 when we were too tired to do anything else but stay home and watched TV. Texas Forever!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Wifey and I binged that right after we had our first daughter in 2017 when we were too tired to do anything else but stay home and watched TV. Texas Forever!
I'm on season 4 now.

I like it... good entertainment.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm watching All Quiet on the Western Front (Netflix) - it's a long movie and I've been watching it in segments at work.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm finally getting around to giving Peaky Blinders a real chance. Seedy and I tried it years ago but must have fallen asleep in the first few minutes. My friend was really pushing it so now I'm in the second season and liking it. Great characters, music and cinematography imo.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I've long wanted to watch it, and everytime I have an evening to kill I skip past it. Maybe I'll finally give it some time.
By the second episode I was hooked. Six seasons and only six episodes per season. It will unfortunately go quickly.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We loved Yellowstone and Justified. They both rolled nicely into Longmire. We just started Season 2 last night. It's taken a full season to start to get to know some of the back stories of the characters.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
We loved Yellowstone and Justified. They both rolled nicely into Longmire. We just started Season 2 last night. It's taken a full season to start to get to know some of the back stories of the characters.

Longmire..
the blonde sheriff's deputy certainly knows how to wear a pair of jeans.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Blockbuster (Netflix) - Skip it. Comedy about being the last Blockbuster.

Andor - Really picking up in the last half.

Pepsi, Where's My Jet? (Netflix) - Interesting documentary about a Pepsi point challenge and a kid trying to claim the jet. Was a pretty good documentary.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blockbuster (Netflix) - Skip it. Comedy about being the last Blockbuster.

Andor - Really picking up in the last half.

Pepsi, Where's My Jet? (Netflix) - Interesting documentary about a Pepsi point challenge and a kid trying to claim the jet. Was a pretty good documentary.

Gotta love that…Netflix kills blockbuster then does a documentary on the death of blockbuster…freaking ruthless

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Two Sentence Horror Stories (2017) <Netflix>

So, Guillermo's series of shorts (Hitchcock knock off) didn't hold me, and I ventured into this one. "This anthology series of terror features diverse characters facing primal fears in spine-chilling situations that stretch past daily routine." Premise is there are creepypasta (real term, means fictional horror stories, often copied and shared or modified) stories out on the web, and they typically are titled by two sentences from the story. Each episode takes one story, opens with the first sentence and plays out then returns to the title screen to show you the 'twist' of the second sentence.

I should note, it appears this was produced by "The CW" which means it was made for cable originally = limited budget, effects, acting, and overall quality. I made it through S1 (there are 4 seasons, I believe) and quit. We have 60's style stories (sometimes modernized) with 70's acting ability, and 00's in terms of production. Utter crap, run away. Final Verdict 2/10

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm finally getting around to giving Peaky Blinders a real chance.

Ok, you can see I still kept putting other series ahead of this, and some films....finally gave it a go. Got me hooked by s1e4(?) where he married off his brother to the gypsy. I'm now up to s2e3, but been on pause for the last few weeks due to work (lack of hotel time, too much work to do). But yeah, worth the watch for sure.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok, you can see I still kept putting other series ahead of this, and some films....finally gave it a go. Got me hooked by s1e4(?) where he married off his brother to the gypsy. I'm now up to s2e3, but been on pause for the last few weeks due to work (lack of hotel time, too much work to do). But yeah, worth the watch for sure.
I struggled with season 3 as it started slowly but finished well. Just started season 4.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The Old Man series on Hulu.

Pretty Good 8/10.

John Lithgow (ex-CIA handler and then brass) and Jeff Bridges (ex- CIA operative) are both pulled back into mess (on opposite sides) they thought was buried 30 years prior.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Old Man series on Hulu.

Pretty Good 8/10.

John Lithgow (ex-CIA handler and then brass) and Jeff Bridges (ex- CIA operative) are both pulled back into mess (on opposite sides) they thought was buried 30 years prior.
Wife and I enjoyed it. Jeff Bridges is a much better actor now than he was early in his career. Plays a gruff old SOB pretty well.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Wife and I enjoyed it. Jeff Bridges is a much better actor now than he was early in his career. Plays a gruff old SOB pretty well.
Long way from TRON. Cutting edge CG back then. :lol:

rexfeatures_390934fe.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
HBO Max is running a Black Friday special that ends today - $1.99 for 3 months
Just signed up. What's good on there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online