Show recommendation thread

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I've watched the first three episodes. I'm with you ... I don't really care about any of the characters right now.

Raylans daughter (the actors real life daughter too) is a terrible character. Kind of hope she gets killed off.

His daughters acting ability? She's right up there with Sophia Coppola.

She reminds me of Drew Barymore a little.

Yeah I don't get why they have to bring rebellious kids into the show...ruins it and slows down the pacing

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I started watching Chernobyl - I couldn't get though the first episode, just too slow, boring. Does it get better? I'm not sure I want to make the investment in watching anymore of it.
The HBO series with like 6 episodes? They are ALL slow, but it is very well done and pretty perfectly captures what happened.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The HBO series with like 6 episodes? They are ALL slow, but it is very well done and pretty perfectly captures what happened.
Yes, that one. I put it on after realizing I couldn't keep watching Diplomat and it just seemed slow, drawn out, boring.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I watched the first episode of the Arnold documentary last night - very, very good. They have some great photos and footage of him from the 60's and 70's. He was an absolute freak of nature.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Justified CitySlicker: I'm done. 5 episodes and I don't care about any of the characters or the plot.
It seems like they're trying to be city "edgy" but the writing is for $hit. Actors are for $hit too.

4/10.

Disappointing.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Justified CitySlicker: I'm done. 5 episodes and I don't care about any of the characters or the plot.
It seems like they're trying to be city "edgy" but the writing is for $hit. Actors are for $hit too.

4/10.

Disappointing.

yeah, we're feeling the same way... just not into this one like the original.

plus - the main villain was the GOOD guy in Narcos. Can't get past that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Suits. Never watched it back in the day but decided to give it a shot 2 weeks ago on Netflix. I'm in season 3 already and absolutely hooked. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
denzel washington GIF

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Watched Twisted Metal on Peacock. I have never once played the games and had no idea the storyline but was bored. I was pleasantly surprised on the humor in this show if you need a half hour time killer.

Plot is that in a post incident world (not explained yet) the large cities have walked themselves off by the elite and turned violent. Milkmen are hired to make deliveries in the baron mad max type world outside the walls. You have groups of gangs and police trying to restore order that are evil as well. You follow one of them on his run.

Has a good cast as well. Anthony Mackie, Neve Campbell, Thomas Haden Church to name a few. The funniest is the deranged clown Sweet Tooth voiced by Will Arnett.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just finished watching Severence (Apple TV) for a second time…was so good I made wifey watch it with me. Great cast and wild premise where these “severed” employees have parts of their brain severed to where when they are at work they have no memory of life on the outside and when they leave they have no memory of what they did at work. Kinda butchering the explanation but it was great.

A slow burn with an unbelievable last episode that now I am unpatiently waiting for season 2.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Just watched the first episode of season three of Only Murders in the Building.
Can I just say that Paul Rudd is a national treasure.
Awesome show.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Godless - 8 episodes - Netflix - 7/10

Series set in an 1800s mining town (N.M.) that had a mine explosion that killed all the men. At first I thought, great, bunch of "I am woman hear me roar" crap. But it's actually pretty good, good acting, a couple of good plot lines.(of course they had to throw in a couple of PC sub plots ... white/black love, lesbians, Buffalo Soldiers).

Worth the watch.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Godless - 8 episodes - Netflix - 7/10

Series set in an 1800s mining town (N.M.) that had a mine explosion that killed all the men. At first I thought, great, bunch of "I am woman hear me roar" crap. But it's actually pretty good, good acting, a couple of good plot lines.(of course they had to throw in a couple of PC sub plots ... white/black love, lesbians, Buffalo Soldiers).

Worth the watch.
Worth watching
I was hoping for a second season

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator