Shut up of the week

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kristi_Malzahn_says_Shut_Up_medium.jpg

"SHUT UP!" of the Week goes to the Pac-12. At the beginning of the season, they bragged that they had the nation's toughest conference. Congratulations. Your trophy is in the mail.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC isn't far behind in failing to meet expectations. Other than Bama and us, the conference is pretty much sh*t this year. The Dwags, Vols, Mizzou, UK, SC, Arky, Missy and LSU have all underachieved. You can throw in the Aggies, as well. Really, only us and Missy State have exceeded expectations.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC isn't far behind in failing to meet expectations. Other than Bama and us, the conference is pretty much sh*t this year. The Dwags, Vols, Mizzou, UK, SC, Arky, Missy and LSU have all underachieved. You can throw in the Aggies, as well. Really, only us and Missy State have exceeded expectations.

LSU would still beat most other teams in the country and as for Arkansas, they were horrendous to start the year but I don't know if I'd pick any team against them right now except maybe Bama. As for the Vols, if you can look at it without orange and blue sunglasses they are actually a good team, losses came to us by a point (Let's admit they had us but it appears fate doesn't want them to beat us which is terrific) Oklahoma in OT by three who is currently number 7, to Alabama by 5 on the road who could be the best team in the country and to Arkansas by 4.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
only us and Missy State have exceeded expectations.
Cowbell? With their Heisman winning QB and their team that was #1 last year? They are overachieving by being 3-3 in the SEC and in 5th place in the west?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk, do you feel better now?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cowbell? With their Heisman winning QB and their team that was #1 last year? They are overachieving by being 3-3 in the SEC and in 5th place in the west?
They were picked to finish last in the west, so I guess they can thank Auburn for sucking out loud?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LSU would still beat most other teams in the country and as for Arkansas, they were horrendous to start the year but I don't know if I'd pick any team against them right now except maybe Bama. As for the Vols, if you can look at it without orange and blue sunglasses they are actually a good team, losses came to us by a point (Let's admit they had us but it appears fate doesn't want them to beat us which is terrific) Oklahoma in OT by three who is currently number 7, to Alabama by 5 on the road who could be the best team in the country and to Arkansas by 4.

So records only matter in other conferences? I'm of the opinion that you're only as good as your record says you are. You sound like Alvin touting UT as the best 7-4 team EVER! :lol:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No more likes for you!:lol2:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So records only matter in other conferences? I'm of the opinion that you're only as good as your record says you are. You sound like Alvin touting UT as the best 7-4 team EVER! :lol:

I'm just going by the eye test of those losses... Since you go by record do you think Ohio State is better than Bama since they're undefeated? And no I don't think they're the best 7-4 team in the country at all they're just better than the record shows IMO, would beat most teams in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Arky and UGay are mirror images of each other in years like this. They lose to teams they have no business losing to (Toledo, I think UGA will lose to Tech and they lost to Tenn), and beat teams they have no business beating.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just going by the eye test of those losses... Since you go by record do you think Ohio State is better than Bama since they're undefeated? And no I don't think they're the best 7-4 team in the country at all they're just better than the record shows IMO, would beat most teams in the country.

No one thought the Bucknuts could beat Bama last year, either. It's why they play the game. And the Vols are the same team they were last year...lose to anyone with a pulse, feed on cupcakes to end the season and shout "we're back!".

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one thought the Bucknuts could beat Bama last year, either. It's why they play the game. And the Vols are the same team they were last year...lose to anyone with a pulse, feed on cupcakes to end the season and shout "we're back!".

I agree on that to a point, obviously they are beating up on teams like Kentucky, North Texas, scraped by S Car. What I was saying is that the losses they had were "Quality losses" per say if there is a loss that is quality. They're improved from last year but they just can't finish games. I hope Butch Jones has a long stay out there that's for sure though!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I agree on that to a point, obviously they are beating up on teams like Kentucky, North Texas, scraped by S Car. What I was saying is that the losses they had were "Quality losses" per say if there is a loss that is quality. They're improved from last year but they just can't finish games. I hope Butch Jones has a long stay out there that's for sure though!

If the uga WR doesn't drop that easy TD pass, the vols probably chalk up another L. Does that make it an un-quality win?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Vols, best 4 loss team in America" Alvin Dork

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Claw, let me see if I understand your position. You feel really sorry for that uglyazz QB they have. Good summary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.