Sleepwalking/Talking

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
upload_2021-8-22_14-32-6.png

I used to sleepwalk a little when I was a kid but nothing crazy.
Anyone have any good stories about sleepwalking or talking?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My cousin used to sleepwalk frequently as an adolescent. My aunt and uncle would hear him rambling around and then lead him back to his bed. One evening they heard him sleepwalking and got up to find him in front of the refrigerator, door open, taking a leak. He eventually grew out of it, but I never really felt comfortable eating at their house again.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I had a friend that has violent night terrors and can’t be woken up from them. She hurt herself several times falling out of bed. The Dr said it stems from PTSD from childhood.

Last edited:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In the 8th grade, living in Lakeland I sleep-walked on a cold November night wearing tighty whities and t-shirt, down the street turned the corner and went down another street before heading back home. Some headlights turned down the street and woke me up. I jumped behind a hedge before being seen and finally made it back in the house. I have had many other less dramatic sleep walking occurrences throughout my life which I could only attribute to being overly tired.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@Bullag8r

That’s what all the exhibitionists say.

:)

Waking up running down the street in my underwear was actually quite a fright!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don’t walk, but have a tendency to have very vivid dreams that cause me to react. It’s almost always someone close to me(mostly my children) falling off a cliff or down a slope with me trying to catch them. Very odd and really intense. That’s one type. The other that I have probably once a month is some intruder in my house. According to my wife I’ll occasionally wake up pointing at the bed or the bathroom saying something like, “just come out, and I promise I’ll let you live”. Again, very intense. Once or twice I’ve threatened her(of course not really her), which is a little scary. I hate to make too light of it, but the last time a few weeks ago, she told me the next day she seriously thought she was going to get “Mike Tyson punched”, whatever that means. Doesn’t sound good.

I’m not generally a violent person, so the concern goes away pretty quickly, but it’s enough that she tells me about it the next day.

If anyone of you want to unfriend me, I understand.:lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Don’t walk, but have a tendency to have very vivid dreams that cause me to react. It’s almost always someone close to me(mostly my children) falling off a cliff or down a slope with me trying to catch them. Very odd and really intense. That’s one type. The other that I have probably once a month is some intruder in my house. According to my wife I’ll occasionally wake up pointing at the bed or the bathroom saying something like, “just come out, and I promise I’ll let you live”. Again, very intense. Once or twice I’ve threatened her(of course not really her), which is a little scary. I hate to make too light of it, but the last time a few weeks ago, she told me the next day she seriously thought she was going to get “Mike Tyson punched”, whatever that means. Doesn’t sound good.

I’m not generally a violent person, so the concern goes away pretty quickly, but it’s enough that she tells me about it the next day.

Duly noted that if I break in, it will be during the day and not the night time. :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I stayed up all night one time to see if I would ever talk or walk in my sleep. I didn't... Such a waste of time I could have spent sleeping... :headslap:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dream I'm awake....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Twice in the last year I’ve dreamed I was being attacked and grabbed my wife, once by the hair. Both times she woke me up and no harm. She laughed about it.

I’m a very chill person and live in a quiet community, married almost 33 years and we’re happier together than ever. I have no idea what caused it.

A few years ago, I awoke around 6:30 on a Saturday morning and she was still asleep, snoring softly. So I was saying a few prayers and enjoying the moment when she suddenly said in a very loud voice, “You better WATCH your attitude!” And she resumed her soft snoring. She couldn’t recall the dream later.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

:what2:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Mike Tyson punched, followed by you biting off her ear?
00C5FB14-BE86-48BC-8691-DCA92892D150.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Twice in the last year I’ve dreamed I was being attacked and grabbed my wife, once by the hair. Both times she woke me up and no harm. She laughed about it.

I’m a very chill person and live in a quiet community, married almost 33 years and we’re happier together than ever. I have no idea what caused it.

A few years ago, I awoke around 6:30 on a Saturday morning and she was still asleep, snoring softly. So I was saying a few prayers and enjoying the moment when she suddenly said in a very loud voice, “You better WATCH your attitude!” And she resumed her soft snoring. She couldn’t recall the dream later.

I'm probably as high strung as anyone you've ever met. I'm quite certain that if I were born today my parents would have a hard time keeping up with all the diagnoses. I just compartmentalize. My temper issues, which used to be fairly violent, have improved dramatically. But I still run a million miles an hour in my head even during sleep. I also drink a decent amount of red wine, a known cause of vivid dreams. Those things likely don't help. But similar situation in that my wife has never had any reason to be afraid and it never has anything to do with us. Extremely safe area too. I just always feel like I'm protecting my family from someone. It's bizarre.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
My cousin used to sleepwalk frequently as an adolescent. My aunt and uncle would hear him rambling around and then lead him back to his bed. One evening they heard him sleepwalking and got up to find him in front of the refrigerator, door open, taking a leak. He eventually grew out of it, but I never really felt comfortable eating at their house again.

I used to sleep walk when I was younger. Did the same thing once but was rather drunk when it happened.

Left the house once and walked to my grandmother's house and banged on the door at 2 am. Before they got there, I went back home and got in bed.

I was especially bad for it if I was really tired.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

About once a month, I have a dream that I am somewhere (its different places each time) and completely naked.

Other times I dream I am back in high school and can't remember my locker combination or what class I have next. Once time, I hit the double and dreamed I was naked, couldn't find my class or remember my locker combo. The school secretary was not happy when i went to see her NOT about my missing clothes, but a copy of my class schedule and locker combo. i guess I was headed to class completely naked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.