why do you look so pissed?

Oh, don't act like you don't know

labor-day.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't sleepwalk but I sleep talk, especially when I'm working on major projects... after we got married my wife asked if I would stop playing video games for a few months and she said I was sleep talking in tongues... I was dreaming in code, and talking the language. Some of the schittest sleep. The Mrs at the same time found an article about another software developer who couldn't figure out why they weren't sleeping and having a hard time focusing on code, and started gaming again. Found they were more productive and able to mentally disengage. The Mrs was less critical of my gaming to disengage afterwards.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I don’t sleep walk anymore, but I used to do it a lot. I still talk in my sleep some.

My experience is a little different. I know that I’m doing it, but I’m doing it as a continuation of my dream. Hard to explain, but here’s the most common one I used to have:

I’m a lawyer, and I had dreams that I had a hearing and court would be held in my bedroom or living room in about 10 minutes. I’d get up, put on my suit and get ready for court. By time I got my shirt on, I’d wake up, realize WTF is going on, and go back to sleep.

Now, I don’t walk anymore, but I’ll talk some. Sort of same thing, I’ll be in a dream about whatever. I’ll turn to my wife and continue the conversation I was having in my dream. Makes sense to me, but she has no clue. She says I’m pretty coherent too.

It’s really weird to do/say something that makes sense when you’re doing it, only to come too and realize your a dumb-@ss sleep waking/talking

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
When my Dad was in school in G'ville, (I may have been around 4-5 years old) he told me I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, head to the kitchen and relieve myself in the garbage can.
Now...
As a frequent traveler - most of my dreams focus around missing my flight.
As a former college student, my previous dreams were of me either missing an exam or showing up to class in my underwear.
Or... having to take an exam without having attended the class all semester (usually math related).

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve had that dream too where I’ve skipped class all year and have to take the final. Usually Spanish class.

Pretty sure @Zambo could teach you how to say "9 tacos, 3 tequilas, 3 mezcals, 6 beers, and 3 hookers with big titties" in Spanish.

Gotta be more useful than they sh!t they taught me in school..."Esta Susana en casa? Si, esta en la cocina con un amiga." That's worthless.

Alex.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We had goldfish as a kid and my re-occurring dream over the last 25 years has been that I forgot to feed the fish for some lengthy period of time. I usually end up over feeding the fish and dump too much in. I have this dream several times a year.

The stress of having kids must be too much for me.

How sociopathic do you have to be to kill an innocent fish?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’ve had that dream too where I’ve skipped class all year and have to take the final. Usually Spanish class.
I used to have a similar recurring dream where it was the end of the spring semester of my senior year and I suddenly realize there’s a class I signed up for, but somehow forgot about. So, I’ll now fail and thus not graduate. I would wake up in a panic.

No idea what made me think to do this, but I hung my diploma on the wall opposite the foot of my bed, making it one of the first things I saw every morning. The dreams stopped.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I took two semesters of Spanish at UF... so I hear ya.

With all this Spanish talk, I think it's time for one of my favorite videos

Hilarious!
My HS Spanish teacher repetitively said “en boca cerrada no entran moscas” which was very helpful in Costa Rica. Thank you Spanish teacher. :headslap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.