Snap count vs. Tenn

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Here is the real question, well questions based on this observation:
  1. Isn't it just as much of a fvkk up not to be able to perform an assignment as it is to just mess it up?
  2. Would you rather have someone who fvkks up assignments sometimes, but when he gets it right is a lot more capable?
Just curious. I guess a Josh Evans here may be unfair, perhaps a young Will Hill for a #2 example?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Blitzing while the DBs play soft-10 yards off- makes no sense to me.
Is that on Gray, English, or Grantham?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I think Houston had an injury.

I'll be surprised if Dunlap doesn't return - he's not very good, but he's experienced, and if he returns he's a starter next to Dexter next year (unless Carter or Campbell return, for some reason). Not sure why Campbell only played 27 snaps, but I doubt it was disciplinary. Humphries is the big disappointment, and a big reason why this DL next year is going to take a big step back (he's the only heavy DL signed/still here over the first two classes). Dexter will be fine after he gets a year in the S&C program, I think Lee comes back strong. Rumors of Goods wanting to transfer, which is crazy because of the depth chart.

I've harped on this before, but not blowing out these last three opponents did a lot of harm to this team - lack of development for the younger guys, lack of reps for our back up QB, lost opportunities to mix up the OL rotation, and an opportunity to get the younger players who are buried on the depth chart a few snaps to keep them happy (like Goods, Hopper, Lee, Princely, Tarquin, Lingard, Bogle, and a few others - and not just experience, but just to get them out there to have fun at the end of a game). There's no excuse that our starting OLs played all 66 snaps, none. It's a poor job by the coaching staff.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting and coaching. Coaching and recruiting.

Defense feels like the 89 offense but w/o Emmitt.

989.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Houston had an injury.

I'll be surprised if Dunlap doesn't return - he's not very good, but he's experienced, and if he returns he's a starter next to Dexter next year (unless Carter or Campbell return, for some reason). Not sure why Campbell only played 27 snaps, but I doubt it was disciplinary. Humphries is the big disappointment, and a big reason why this DL next year is going to take a big step back (he's the only heavy DL signed/still here over the first two classes). Dexter will be fine after he gets a year in the S&C program, I think Lee comes back strong. Rumors of Goods wanting to transfer, which is crazy because of the depth chart.

I've harped on this before, but not blowing out these last three opponents did a lot of harm to this team - lack of development for the younger guys, lack of reps for out back up QB, lost opportunities to mix up the OL rotation, and an opportunity to get the younger players who are buried on the depth chart a few snaps to keep them happy (like Goods, Hopper, Lee, Princely, Tarquin, Lingard, Bogle, and a few others - and not just experience, but just to get them out there to have fun at the end of a game). There's no excuse that our starting OLs played all 66 snaps, none. It's a poor job by the coaching staff.

The coaches will never admit this, but I suspect that they have been looking ahead to Alabama for a few weeks now since Bama was in their game film for uga, uk, and ut, and they'll be in the film study for LSU. It seems like the last 3 weeks, opposing coaches have put more effort into game planning, then we have. And if I'm right, then that attitude has rubbed off on the players since they haven't shown up to a game focused since Arkansas.

There were so many mistakes on both sides the last few weeks that I hope they focus on improving and prepping for LSU, but since once again Bama will be on LSU's film, the temptation to look ahead will remain. This is why I think we win but not cover again on Saturday.

All that said, we have tons of film on Bama from previous opponents so there is not an excuse to be ill prepared and caught off guard next Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator