So... A-Rod is back.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not an A-Rod supporter but this comment from the ESPN article caught my eye..

Hating Alex Rodriguez seems too easy. He is the low-hanging fruit of what is wrong with baseball and society. All he did was cheat and lie in a game built upon the spitball, the stealing of signs and the amphetamine. In the true nature of sports in 2014, Alex is less the pariah than the norm. Baseball has ALWAYS been a dirty sport where cheaters prospered until caught. We hate Alex more because he is slick, unapologetic and has profited wildly from his dishonesty. I'm not suggesting he be forgiven or not be booed, just that he is too easy to hate. We could all be better at this life and too often tarring the worst of us makes it far easier to forgive ourselves for how like Alex, Pete Rose or Ty Cobb we can sometimes be.

Is A-Rod the problem or just another symptom?

Should he be forgiven or does he even need to be?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The McGuire/Sosa season may have been the most interesting in recent memory. Unless I had a kid that was trying to get to the Majors naturally, I say let them juice for my entertainment.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can forgive him as I really don't care - since as the article points out, it's a cheaters game, until you get caught. Always has been.
I just don't think he's going to be very productive for the remainder of his career - so what's the point? Who even wants him?
He's 39 years old and his glory days were from 1996 to 2009. In 2012 he was 3 for 25 in the post-season. No thanks.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like A-Rod. Let 'em juice. But that being said, is there anything more boring than professional baseball?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I'm glad he is back. Let the Yankees shoulder that contract for a washed up player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator