So what happened last night?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I went to the James Madison football game in Harrisonburg. Went to a couple of breweries before the game. JMU won 30-8, but it was closer. JMU is #1 in 1AA, Villanova was 15th. Villanova's qb was injured, started a true freshman.

20171014_170204.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Typical Muschamp/Mac football J. We beat them in just about every statistical way, except the score. Poor play-calling, poor clock/time-out management. Nothing changes.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for the invite :weep:
I started offer 2 free tickets up Friday evening in chat and couldn't get any takers. I resumed my begging in chat yesterday morning and got crickets. Goon finally pm'd coach about them and coach responded. Where were you?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I started offer 2 free tickets up Friday evening in chat and couldn't get any takers. I resumed my begging in chat yesterday morning and got crickets. Goon finally pm'd coach about them and coach responded. Where were you?

Haha I was just kidding. I’m in Jville with family (going to Jags game today woooo!) so I wouldn’t have been able to make it.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as you could.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The midday was spent coaching both kids in rec league soccer as the coaches were out of town. For my daughter (11-12) the coaches simply didn't show, and didn't tell anyone they'd be gone, so we had enough to field a team, but nobody to lead them. My wife set them in positions until I could get there and coach. They lost 5-0 as the coaches kids are the best players and we didn't have any of them. For my son (7-8), the coach had asked me to cover for him, so I was prepared. However, we were missing 4 kids, which left us with one sub. That worked out as I had to referee and coach at the same time (hardly ever have refs). We won 6-1 despite my calling every foul I could against our team. Feel good for our kids, I was letting the scrubs have time at forward, putting the best players in goal and defense.

Around gametime, we chose to instead take my son to a 3-3 tournament under the lights. He and two friends killed their bracket and won medals. Two of them are iron horses, going near non-stop with decent shooting skills. They'll need to learn to pass and play as a team for the next ages up. The reward for winning their U8 bracket was to play the second place team in the U9 bracket. That U9 team had a fourth kid and kept rotating to stay fresh, consistently shoved and knocked our kids down, and the referee was an older brother for one of the kids on the team. We got slaughtered in that one, but it didn't matter as they got their bracket champion medals.

We all came home in time for the 4th quarter. I saw McCoy had a 7 yd reception in the stats, that told me what I needed to know about the game. We watched the whole 4th quarter, shrugged, and went to bed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The midday was spent coaching both kids in rec league soccer as the coaches were out of town. For my daughter (11-12) the coaches simply didn't show, and didn't tell anyone they'd be gone, so we had enough to field a team, but nobody to lead them. My wife set them in positions until I could get there and coach. They lost 5-0 as the coaches kids are the best players and we didn't have any of them. For my son (7-8), the coach had asked me to cover for him, so I was prepared. However, we were missing 4 kids, which left us with one sub. That worked out as I had to referee and coach at the same time (hardly ever have refs). We won 6-1 despite my calling every foul I could against our team. Feel good for our kids, I was letting the scrubs have time at forward, putting the best players in goal and defense.

Around gametime, we chose to instead take my son to a 3-3 tournament under the lights. He and two friends killed their bracket and won medals. Two of them are iron horses, going near non-stop with decent shooting skills. They'll need to learn to pass and play as a team for the next ages up. The reward for winning their U8 bracket was to play the second place team in the U9 bracket. That U9 team had a fourth kid and kept rotating to stay fresh, consistently shoved and knocked our kids down, and the referee was an older brother for one of the kids on the team. We got slaughtered in that one, but it didn't matter as they got their bracket champion medals.

We all came home in time for the 4th quarter. I saw McCoy had a 7 yd reception in the stats, that told me what I needed to know about the game. We watched the whole 4th quarter, shrugged, and went to bed.

I coach both my sons' teams. 10-11 and 11-12.

My 10-11 has only lost one game and won all those games by blowout.

My 11-12 has won zero games and lost all but one by blowout.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to the James Madison football game in Harrisonburg. Went to a couple of breweries before the game. JMU won 30-8, but it was closer. JMU is #1 in 1AA, Villanova was 15th. Villanova's qb was injured, started a true freshman.

Did you see Game Day while you were there?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did you see Game Day while you were there?

Yeah, but they were pretty much finished up. You wouldn't believe the production. At least 10 semi-trucks worth of sh*t plus all the Home Depot trucks, the tour bus, etc.

JMU has a great campus in the Shenandoah Valley, very beautiful. My wife and I have a cabin out there.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Got to meet stephenPE and a friend of his and talk about Ox for a few hours. Despite his liberal views coach is a great guy and a great Gator. Thanks for hanging out with us for a while coach.
Tag is my new good friend. Those seats are excellent. Tag is a great guy despite his conservative views. He is also generous with his tix. He was especially attentive to Mac's sideline movements. I had to agree with him. Ox's ears had to be burning while were there............:lol3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator