SOS reflects on his upcoming death

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do you forget what year your first child was born, especially making HER 2 years older?
Johnny Depp Drinking GIF

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Corch, we all have impending death.

You and SOS are just closer than most.

Hell, Im REALLY surprised I have lived this long.
I’ve always said….If I would have known I would live this long….I would have taken better care of myself.

Lived hard, worked hard, played hard and drank hard. Occasionally all at the same time.

Approaching 66 with 2 brain surgeries this past June but hanging tough in good shape…

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm about half a year younger than SOS. I just wanted to participate in this thread before I croak. I will not be taking a poll on who you'd like to see go first. The results would be ugly.

For me.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm about half a year younger than SOS. I just wanted to participate in this thread before I croak. I will not be taking a poll on who you'd like to see go first. The results would be ugly.

For me.
dont be bashful. pretty sure i saw a movie about you recently. indiana jones went all the way back in time to meet Archimedes. so tell us, what was it like meeting Indy?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible and disrespectful thread title
Let me ask you this - do you think SOS would read the title and find it horrible and disrespectful? If the answer is no (and there's no doubt in my mind it would be no, he's the last guy on Earth that would have a stick up his ass), then there's no reason for you to.

I have no idea why so many people freak out so much when it comes to discussing death, which is the most natural thing on this planet. As we get older, I think it's important to think about it and openly discuss it, it's healthy. Being terrified and running from it is not. Clutching pearls over thread titles about it also is not.

Steve Spurrier is the epitome of a level-headed and HONEST guy. He doesn't BS people, he's open with his thoughts and feelings. I'm not surprised at all to see him open and reflective about approaching the end of his life and how he wants to finish it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go tonight.

That's true to a point. If you were in pain etc or had reached a stage in a serious disease process where there was no hope for recovery then you might welcome, long for, death. We want to avoid pain at all costs. Even a small big wants to avoid death as we see it running with all its might to avoid being stepped on. So we also run if there is impending danger. Heaven is described as a place of continual being without pain but who wants a state of continual being without the struggle of life. It is one of the great dilemmas of life that we long for eternal life but life only has meaning because we know it is going to end. This is beyond what I can comprehend. Because there are things beyond my comprehension is why I believe in God. God help my unbelief.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve always said….If I would have known I would live this long….I would have taken better care of myself.

Lived hard, worked hard, played hard and drank hard. Occasionally all at the same time.

Approaching 66 with 2 brain surgeries this past June but hanging tough in good shape…
Semper fi, Mac!

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Seeing as how I lost my mom last week , this thread is right on time. It was sudden and unexpected which is the way everyone wants to go, but it sure sucks for the family left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator