Founding Member
I thinks it's simply gratitude.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It does seem like there is more to the story.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something about the situation made me think he was asked to go. He just doesn't seem like the type to quit mid-season.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And we paid the village idiot $6 million for incompetence.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When he walked from the Redskins he got nothing. Weird. Obviously, more to the story.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There was probably a mutual agreement, and the $900K is for everything he has done for the school. Remember where they were when he got there, and where they are now. It might be a thanks for everything Coach, type agreement.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I see the early departure as a benefit to USC. I recall the competition for Meyer back in 2004. We announced mid-season that Zook was out which allowed Foley to do his thing, Meanwhile Notre Dame is still kicking themselves over that one. I was surprised SOS didn't mention this during his Game Day interview when they asked him why he stepped down in such odd fashion. $900k well spent if that's why they gave it to him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He deserves it for what he's done with that pathetic program. Because of him, they just might be able to attract a decent HC to replace him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300547 said:
He deserves it for what he's done with that pathetic program. Because of him, they just might be able to attract a decent HC to replace him.
I feel like we should consider re-signing Jon Hoke and sending him to some other SEC team to destroy their defense next year. He doesn't have that Mushcramp magic that allows him to kill the entire program, but Hoke is damn good at destroying one side of the ball.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
I agree that SOS deserves it but as a financial standpoint by the school...this is stupid and makes no sense.

SOS had a contract. He deserves to get what that binding document says he deserves. Anything more than that makes ZERO sense UNLESS the school is benefiting, or believing they'll benefit, in some manner from the extra money spent.

So, to me, this is probably more about something we've yet to hear about like has been mentioned above...SOS being pushed out or something else. Cause I don't believe he was "pushed out".

This is odd indeed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I got a sourced rumor that when he first came to USCe, Spurrier loaned the USCe football $900,000 to kick-start their program.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If there was a problem, it was with the admin, by all accounts, SOS and Tanner had a good relationship. I can see the President telling SOS, 'at the end of the year, we need to go another direction', and SOS firing back, 'well **** you then, I'll just quit tomorrow". I love how their delusional fanbase thinks Spurrier is gong to hang around Columbia. As soon as Jerri finishes the Masters she is working on, Crescent Beach will be home. A 90 minute drive from sitting in on offensive meetings with Big Mac whenever he gets the itch to do so. There will be much butthurt from the Cock faithful when this comes to pass.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n301035 said:
If there was a problem, it was with the admin, by all accounts, SOS and Tanner had a good relationship. I can see the President telling SOS, 'at the end of the year, we need to go another direction', and SOS firing back, 'well **** you then, I'll just quit tomorrow". I love how their delusional fanbase thinks Spurrier is gong to hang around Columbia. As soon as Jerri finishes the Masters she is working on, Crescent Beach will be home. A 90 minute drive from sitting in on offensive meetings with Big Mac whenever he gets the itch to do so. There will be much butthurt from the Cock faithful when this comes to pass.

When it comes to pass = Spurrier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Brad Scott is rested and available. They are going another direction all right. Back to being Kinticuky, Tinerc or Vandy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there's anything more to read into it. He quit. The university may not have owed him a cent if he did, but decided to do so anyway out of gratitude, hence the media wondering. I find it a real stretch to imagine South Carolina firing Spurrier for a 2-4 start considering all that he's done for the program.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n301035 said:

This. :exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.