SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not a peep from Stricklin. Nothing so far. This is just getting really bizarre and the longer we hear nothing from MuLLLLen's boss the weirder this gets. Recruiting is getting decimated (it wasn't great to begin with) because Stricklin hasn't come out to assure that MuLLLLen is Florida's coach going forward. This is a time Stricklin should be saying it publicly if that is what is going to happen. If Stricklin ends up not firing MuLLLLen then Stricklin is really fuching up right now.

However, maybe MuLLLLen is getting canned because that would be the only acceptable reason for silence from Stricklin.
It's possible that the next time we hear from him it will be the announcement of the mutual decision on Mullinz departure doing what's best for the University and Dooshbag and his family. That would be the only acceptable reason for the radio silence. Time will tell.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

It would be part of his job to support his coach and the football program to clear any dark clouds that are over it. Right now, if MuLLLLen is Stricklin's guy then he should be at the podium telling everyone he is.

But he isn't. He is AWOL and has been for over a month. My point is two fold...either Stricklin is fuching up by not doing his job of supporting his coach or MuLLLLen aint his coach anymore.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Much like for 4 years we have seen what not to do in leadership and management from Disco Dan. Stricklin is showing us what not to do with leadership with the Women's basketball issue and now this with their top revenue sport. The lack of real leadership coming from the AD and the Head Coach at UF is the worst I have seen it in my life time.

I will admit I wanted to like Stricklin early on, and thought he might be different. But really it doesn't appear to be the case.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I will admit I wanted to like Stricklin early on, and thought he might be different. But really it doesn't appear to be the case.

Im still on the fence with him. I think we are all very much elated that Foley was gone so Stricklin probably got more positive than deserved. I kinda like that he went silent after last season when MuLLLLen tried to force his hand with the whole NFL rumor. I like that he only extended the contract without raising the buyout. I hate that he gave him a raise. I like that he gave MuLLLLen a LOR for the recruiting violation.

I will like him a lot if he cans MuLLLLen. I will not like him at all if he keeps MuLLLLen and goes with new assistant coaches. Not so much because I disagree with keeping MuLLLLen but more so that he continues to let dark clouds hang over the program without ever showing support.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not a peep from Stricklin. Nothing so far. This is just getting really bizarre and the longer we hear nothing from MuLLLLen's boss the weirder this gets. Recruiting is getting decimated (it wasn't great to begin with) because Stricklin hasn't come out to assure that MuLLLLen is Florida's coach going forward. This is a time Stricklin should be saying it publicly if that is what is going to happen. If Stricklin ends up not firing MuLLLLen then Stricklin is really fuching up right now.

However, maybe MuLLLLen is getting canned because that would be the only acceptable reason for silence from Stricklin.
i doubt stricklin's even aware/smart enough to realize his silence is negatively affecting recruiting, and he may not really care anyway. we care, but do you really believe he does? hell, mullen doesnt so why would stricklin?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
i doubt stricklin's even aware/smart enough to realize his silence is negatively affecting recruiting, and he may not really care anyway. we care, but do you really believe he does? hell, mullen doesnt so why would stricklin?

I have no clue what Stricklin's intelligence is but I suspect its enough to get the job of AD at a big time university. I have no clue why Stricklin is awol either. Its just really odd. Im leaning towards I don't like Stricklin at all but trying to give him the benefit of doubt. He has been an AD for a long time. He has to understand that right now is a moment where he should be in front of the program making a statement. But he isn't and I can think of only one reason why unless he is just fuching up.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
its this. all of them need to be pushed out.

Probably. I will pretty much turn Saturday's off until Mullen is gone like I did Sunday's until rapist winston was gone if Stricklin keeps Mullen. Especially after not supporting him when he needed it. But if by chance its quiet from Stricklin on this issue because Mullen aint his coach no more than I will stay on the fence with how I feel about him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
per Barrett Sallee:

@GatorTruth133

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
per Barrett Sallee:

And here's an interesting question. Of those three that were fired, how many added to their percentage(or even kept it the same) in the final year they were given?

The answer.: JM went backwards. Zook went backwards. And WM went slightly backwards. What that tells you is that everything we "learned" in 2004, 2014 and 2017, we already knew the year prior. That's just how this works. Waiting another season to see DM drop to .600 or below does nothing but delay the inevitable.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Much like for 4 years we have seen what not to do in leadership and management from Disco Dan. Stricklin is showing us what not to do with leadership with the Women's basketball issue and now this with their top revenue sport. The lack of real leadership coming from the AD and the Head Coach at UF is the worst I have seen it in my life time.

The dude is worse than Jeremy Foley. Extended butters. Hired , overpaid and extended Mullen. Extended Todd Grantham and didn't step in and fire him. Ignored the womens basketball team allegations. Wich is weird because apparently the coach was asss anyhow. Came in and promised to build the all in one facility and built a ****in baseball stadium instead. He's been terrible for the athletic department. A disaster.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Serious question: If this hasn't happened yet, if Dan Mullen hasn't surrounded himself with good assistant coaches and recruiters, then why on earth would you think its going to happen now? Mullen is who he is. He's not going to change, and neither are the results.
Chief loves him some Cousin Eddie, and Butters, and Chimp, and Zook. He loves underachieving frauds that steal the university’s money and cause depression and angst in the fan base. He’s just a shade below corch on the pumper scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator