Founding Member
DNz7Ip1UIAALu8U.jpg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Nearly 48,000 views of this thread since Friday night. That's not only a ton of visitors checking in, but checking in and then checking in again and again for updates. The Kelly story is big.
Most have just been checking to see if they won the sweepstakes.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get guarantee of no NCAA shenanigans in the future, I'd be for him. Instant credibility to recruits, don't have to pay buyout, don't have to wait til conference championship weekend. But I think Stricklin still wants Frost, and will wait til Sun Dec 3 to be sure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get guarantee of no NCAA shenanigans in the future, I'd be for him. Instant credibility to recruits, don't have to pay buyout, don't have to wait til conference championship weekend. But I think Stricklin still wants Frost, and will wait til Sun Dec 3 to be sure.
If we have to wait until December 3rd we'll all be ready for the nuthatch. I want a coach, and I want one announced in the next hour.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No disrespect to Scott Frost, who I think is one helluva candidate, but if you can get a yes now from Chip Kelly, you're not waiting one more solitary minute.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Someone is saying on another site that Kelly is hired and its a done deal that he could be officially announced as head coach anywhere from today until a week from now. Claims he got the info from the same people that told him Mac was our new coach previously and he posted that ahead of time there also. He says the NCAA and SEC have already signed off on it because of Kelly's situation.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Someone is saying on another site that Kelly is hired and its a done deal that he could be officially announced as head coach anywhere from today until a week from now. Claims he got the info from the same people that told him Mac was our new coach previously and he posted that ahead of time there also. He says the NCAA and SEC have already signed off on it because of Kelly's situation.

This was the worst kept secret in the history of college sports - remember, they took pictures of Foley in Mac's living room through the window.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was the worst kept secret in the history of college sports - remember, they took pictures of Foley in Mac's living room through the window.

I think he posted it even before that stuff came out. I forgot how he said it but I think it was he was the main target and would be hired if a deal on his buyout could be reached. I dont remember the exact post its been so long however. I think its Kelly probably hearing all this stuff. I think he said the people said Frost was definitely going to Nebraska if he did leave UCF this year.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017

What site?

Someone on 24/7 just claimed it's rumored an announcement is coming today at 4pm. Didn't post any details though, not sure if sarcasm or something.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No disrespect to Scott Frost, who I think is one helluva candidate, but if you can get a yes now from Chip Kelly, you're not waiting one more solitary minute.
they have the same agent. There's no doubt in my mind that we know the sticker price on both options by now, you know just gauging interest. in fact I suspect we've known it for a week or two.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he posted it even before that stuff came out. I forgot how he said it but I think it was he was the main target and would be hired if a deal on his buyout could be reached. I dont remember the exact post its been so long however. I think its Kelly probably hearing all this stuff. I think he said the people said Frost was definitely going to Nebraska if he did leave UCF this year.
Exactly why Fooley needs to be a million miles away from this place...you're the AD at UF and the "main target" is that ****tard? I'd at least have at least a .0000000000001% of respect left for him if 100 coaches turned him down and then went after butters.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
they have the same agent. There's no doubt in my mind that we know the sticker price on both options by now.

We have known the initial sticker price for both for weeks, the question is has that sticker price gone up for one or both.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
So many opinions, so few unassailable facts. Like everyone here, I want that gigantic splash hire (complete with gigantic splash results). I like both Kelly and Frost and will be happy with either. My bottom line is simply this: UF needs a dynamic, iron-willed, take-no prisoners visionary to rehab the shattered hulk of a program that now resides in Gainesville. I don't care about nice guys with perfect Sunday School attendance records or yes men who will kiss butts and forget names. I want a no BS, no doubt about it heavy weight. If the administration wants Kelly, after performing due diligence (vetting, SEC saying grace over it, what-the-fk-ever) then please, for the love of all that's Holy - get it done. If Kelly doesn't pass the smell test, make Frost an offer of a lifetime and get on with rescuing Gator Nation from this fking nightmare.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
So many opinions, so few unassailable facts. Like everyone here, I want that gigantic splash hire (complete with gigantic splash results). I like both Kelly and Frost and will be happy with either. My bottom line is simply this: UF needs a dynamic, iron-willed, take-no prisoners visionary to rehab the shattered hulk of a program that now resides in Gainesville. I don't care about nice guys with perfect Sunday School attendance records or yes men who will kiss butts and forget names. I want a no BS, no doubt about it heavy weight. If the administration wants Kelly, after performing due diligence (vetting, SEC saying grace over it, what-the-fk-ever) then please, for the love of all that's Holy - get it done. If Kelly doesn't pass the smell test, make Frost an offer of a lifetime and get on with rescuing Gator Nation from this fking nightmare.

Mike Leach hobbles on stage eating a popsicle, calls our team a bunch of babies, then proceeds to mime his offensive plans in silence over the course of his introductory press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.