Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

If this is actually accurate, Spurrier likely gets the vibe from Chip that he won’t hang around as long as Frost. Probably believes Frost better fits our culture, which I would tend to agree. But if you have a chance to land Chip can you really pass that chance up? Chip may be the kind of coach that you’ll have to really pamper to keep him happy, kind of like Bama does for Saban, is this university capable of doing this to keep a great coach around? They haven’t been in the past, maybe Stricklin is different.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Really, it was a tweet from someone saying Matt Corrall said Chip will be announced later today
What makes me think this isn't that crazy is the Cam McDonald de-commit from USC out of the blue yesterday. The only logical explanation is that he has decided to go with Corral. And the most likely reason on the timing would be if Corral found out Kelly was going to be the new coach and Kelly was all in on bringing in Corral along with McDonald. McDonald could see the potential for all american numbers with that QB and that coach.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
What makes me think this isn't that crazy is the Cam McDonald de-commit from USC out of the blue yesterday. The only logical explanation is that he has decided to go with Corral. And the most likely reason on the timing would be if Corral found out Kelly was going to be the new coach and Kelly was all in on bringing in Corral along with McDonald. McDonald could see the potential for all american numbers with that QB and that coach.
Sure hope it isn't to give Bama a look as well.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
@GrahamHall_: Do the #Gators still own the plane with tail number N100FG? If so, it's headed from Gainesville for New Jersey https://flight-data.adsbexchange.com/map?icao=A00538&date=2017-11-15
Looks like UT is heading there too...
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Puzzled. Why did anyone ever think that the plane was for Kelly? If the uaa plane cannot be tracked and this one could, wouldn't t the untrackable plane be the one to use?
It's a heck of a coincidence that a plane would be chartered to go to the exact place the hottest coaching rumor lives. Especially since there's not a helluva a lot of other reasons that a chartered plane would be flying from G'ville to Bristol Conn. Even if it was some other biz related to ESPN then why not just take the UAA plane. A flight plan must have actually been filed if it showed up in flight tracker and filing a flight plan is not something done for the lutz.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
It's a heck of a coincidence that a plane would be chartered to go to the exact place the hottest coaching rumor lives. Especially since there's not a helluva a lot of other reasons that a chartered plane would be flying from G'ville to Bristol Conn. Even if it was some other biz related to ESPN then why not just take the UAA plane. A flight plan must have actually been filed if it showed up in flight tracker and filing a flight plan is not something done for the lutz.

Actually ... it is very easy to file a flight plan then not follow through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator