South Carolina claims largest IPF, w/ new operations center coming

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
South Carolina says it has the largest indoor practice facility in the nation, and an operations facility is coming soon. The school released a fly-through video.

(I'm on my work computer and it won't allow the video to link. My apologies. I'm an idiot!)

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Story from 2016????

No, this is brand new (posted today). Probably just that they are adding an "operations center" (Whatever the F that means).

I posted this to show what "the Jones's" are doing. We (UF) are starting to play catch up in some areas....but the old saying, "one step forward, two steps back" may be in play here. Our efforts to play catch up are fine, but I hope they have a "5-year" or "10-year" plan, rather than "hey, look what FSU just built....maybe we should do that!" (then, 5 years later we break ground).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"hey, look what FSU just built....maybe we should build half of that!" (then, 5 years later we break ground).
FIFY.

Look I agree w you. People dont realize that we arent just far, far behind the Bammers, Clowns and Suckeyes of the world but also well behindnthe Kintuckys and USCes of rhe world, and have been for a decade.

We relied on BEING FLORIDA for a long time but kids today werent even born when Spurrier dominated the SEC and Creyer won twice also.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Article must be written by a USCe journalism Cum Laude?= he wrote that the whole thing was a spectacle?
They had the IDPF 3/4ths built when engineers decided it had to be much larger 'cause the echo of Muschamp's yelling would damage the players & coaches hearing,

Only very nice part = The entire $50 million football operations center will be named after Steve Spurrier and his wife Jerry. (This could be a fund-raising spur = can't let USCe "out-honor" our ball coach!) Is there any other CFB HC who has major CFB structures named after them at 2 Universities.

Last Paragraph (as I read it.) For Will Muschamp the new era of South Carolina football will be ushered in by a terrific tool.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah. We should view this as scientific experiment = If this turns Muzzelchomp into a winning HC, then that is a monumental scientific confirmation that finest facilities work miracles for University FB programs.

PS>> I heard Bama has a secret underground garage, with valet parking for their players ??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
then that is a monumental scientific confirmation that finest facilities work miracles for University FB programs.
It obviously isnt going to make a bad coach into a good one but it certainly took Clemson and others from being 3rd or 4th tier program to being viewed as elite and now at least in the discussion for the elite players.

The IPF wasnt about glitz as much as it was about us missing significant amounts of practice due to thunderstorms. The NCAA regulates this heavily and rescheduling usually isnt an option. We looked like a team that didnt practice much way back til 2009, right?

Its not JUST walls and floors we are talking about here. Its video rooms and equipment to all the QA staff to do their thing. (Of course then we have to hire the new coaches to donthe job.)

Think all of those hundreds of video kids breaking down film of upcoming opponents to the point that Bammer/clowns/tosux and every other elite team knows our playbook better than our own QBs do hasnt helped? Saban was a 4 loss/year coach too before he got all that.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
These gorgeous structures show eager fan faux support. That attracts more fans as well as a few better recruits.?
Our CFB "Dizzy Swirl" could have a grand swimming pool with one of those really high waterslide tubes that looked like a bent straw coming out the top of the 3 story high Gatorade Can that surrounds the stairs up. Let's find building shapes that reflect outside sponsors = Nike, **New Balance**.?? One building could be wrapped in a ginormous "Tommy Copper" sleeve - that could be for social events, since copper helps with circulation. There could be a "Vegas" ballroom where you can violate rules, such that what happens in Vegas stays in Vagas. There could be a Mardi Gras room, where college girls could voluntarily enter the 2nd-floor balcony to collect the beaded necklaces
our players throw (it'd be a "bragging-rights" deco for the girls' walls.)

Think "out of the box". Seriously, has any planning considered that you can build a building like a bridge spanning over a highway -- does that help the "limited space" problem. How about building over a presently a large parking lot, tall enough for Gator RVs, solar lighted, open sides for breezes, wired for wi-fi, electrical outlets at each space. Each space numbered with a reasonable fee, some "in between" spaces with fixed BBQ pits. A few commercial spaces for Lil Ceaser food van, a Gator Souvenier Shop, a "Beers from Around the World" Van, a Taco Bell van, etc and charge them well. Maybe have an open central congregating spot so students without parking can get their training in "how-to" Gator tailgate. Even a single story building can be turned into a two story. ?? If stairs seem unglamorous then put Gator screen printed awnings over the outdoor escalators.
of future fan support and fun.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They can thank Steve Spurrier, although the way their fans hate him now, they can all kiss it where the meat is the whitest.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our facilities should be up there once the new football facility is completed. SC and Vandy were the 2 schools always listed below us in facilities usually. The other 11 were usually listed as better than ours pre -IPF when the SEC media types were asked about it and not the national media.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
South Carolina says it has the largest indoor practice facility in the nation, and an operations facility is coming soon. The school released a fly-through video.

(I'm on my work computer and it won't allow the video to link. My apologies. I'm an idiot!)

Well they already have the largest a$$hole in the nation as their football coach.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not to worry. Muscock will screw up anything good. I hope they go with Concrete walls rather than drywall. They'll be patching the walls due to players and coaches not finding the midline.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our facilities should be up there once the new football facility is completed.
Not likely. Its a very mediocre facility and there are numerous whispers about the athletic dept nixing more parts of it. IMO, we will remain in the bottom half of the SEC. I giess its better tjan that fvkking tool Fooley's idea of HALF of an IPR.

This athletic department aims for mediocre and is quite successful in achieving it.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Won't matter. So long as they have that azzhat as HC they'll still suck balls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator