Spectrum

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

So they cut a deal to get ESPN and ABC back on but basically cut a bunch of other channels

Fine with me. Didn't watch those channels anyway.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Disney is hurting for money and they strong armed Spectrum into paying more for less.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Disney is hurting for money and they strong armed Spectrum into paying more for less.
You misspelled their customers, Spectrum isn't absorbing any kind of losses. They will be back to their 100/100 internet and getting to pick 20 channels for $250/month in no time

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

So they cut a deal to get ESPN and ABC back on but basically cut a bunch of other channels
Disney lost here. They were using college football as the hammer. Those channels aren't a loss compared to college football

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So what happened with Hulu? I rushed to get a subscription. The game started, but I had to close my laptop for a hot minute.
When I opened my laptop it was playing a different game and I could no longer find the Gator game.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I work for AT&T in sales and we’ve been swamped for the last week. Literally half a years worth of tv changes in a week.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Roku--I can watch ANY game in ANY sport at ANY time. Totally free unless you want to subscribe to some premium stuff, but for sports if you know which particular apps to get---covers every possible game. The subscriptions--if you so choose--are not steep at all. Just get a fast internet connection and you're done.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Roku--I can watch ANY game in ANY sport at ANY time. Totally free unless you want to subscribe to some premium stuff, but for sports if you know which particular apps to get---covers every possible game. The subscriptions--if you so choose--are not steep at all. Just get a fast internet connection and you're done.
What's the price of the ESPN app?

I realize the app is free but you need a provider to use it

Last edited:

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
What's the price of the ESPN app?

I realize the app is free but you need a provider to use it
From the website..... "You can get an ESPN+ subscription for $9.99 per month, or save over 15% with an ESPN+ Annual Plan at $99.99 per year. You can also bundle ESPN+ (With Ads) with Disney+ (With Ads) and Hulu (With Ads) for $12.99 per month. Learn more at disneyplus.com/priceinfo. ESPN+ is currently $9.99/mo. or $99.99/yr."

Now this is for the ESPN+....not for the traditional ESPN channels(which I take to mean ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, etc.). Apparently to stream the traditional channels(which I do) requires a cable, satellite, or digital provider(I'm with Cox but not an upper tier. Basic tier but as long as you have ESPN basic, the regular app is free....and THAT is the app I use 95% of the time on game weekends. I personally don't need the + app because it gives you mostly stuff that I am not willing to pay for. The 30-for-30 on demands, boxing, etc....crap that means nothing to me. The "traditional ESPN channel app" has waaaaayyyyyyyy more games and options than you can imagine. On any given Saturday morning when games begin at 11 am here(CST), there are probably 15-20 games to choose from just at that time---and start increasing exponentially as the day moves on. Prime time Saturday afternoon, likely 70+ games to choose from. Of course only a handful interest me but the choices are there. The only cost is my basic cable--as long as it includes ESPN, you're good. Cheaper than Hulu and some of the others and at least with ROKU platform they have 350 Live Channels(all genres) and thousands of apps to stream. 38,000 to be more accurate.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Original post was misleading. I assumed it would allow you to get the games by just selecting apps on Roku. People are looking for a way after switching from cable. Fire TV or Android box will let you side-load programs legal and illegal where you can get the games. You can only sideload one program on Roku and if you want to load another then you have to erase that one program. Side-loading you can load Kodi in which you run an IPTV and get your sports from all over the world many of which are illegal.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Original post was misleading. I assumed it would allow you to get the games by just selecting apps on Roku. People are looking for a way after switching from cable. Fire TV or Android box will let you side-load programs legal and illegal where you can get the games. You can only sideload one program on Roku and if you want to load another then you have to erase that one program. Side-loading you can load Kodi in which you run an IPTV and get your sports from all over the world many of which are illegal.
Sorry....I can see where it would come across that way. In essence it somewhat is 'free'--just a basic level cable subscription gets you the ESPN app

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.