Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Honestly I’m somewhat glad that it sounds like DJ struggled a little bit. My feeling has been that the best thing for this team is for Mertz to be the undisputed “guy” heading into the fall. This really will probably give us the best chance for a respectable season next year. DJ has a championship future ahead of him but Murda Mertz just gives us a solid floor to work with

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait until August when Shane gets drunk before a podcast and proclaims "this is the best UF team he's seen in 15 years" like he did last year.....the whole "last year was 07" thing will go to another level :lol:
Well, Shane figures lying for Stricklin beats blowing for cigarettes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How many years have you said last year was 07 and this year was good? Since 2015?

Not going to bother showing you the talent differences, or the stats that shows that the 07 defense was a top 40 defense not a 120th. There are literally zero players on this team that would start on the 07 or 08 defense. Zero.

And if you think Billy Retard's 60th ranked scoring offense was "ok", welcome to Vanderbilt.
At least you took the personal shots out when you edited this one.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, Shane figures lying for Stricklin beats blowing for cigarettes.
tpb.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez guys get real. The defense needs improvement more than anything. The offense the last two years has been ok, not horrible. Just nothing like we expect ala SOS or Meyer days. Remember the struggles of the ‘07 defense? They were super young but talented recruits, similar to last years defense. A year later the ‘08 defense was stellar. I’m saying we’ll see this type of turnaround, but there’s reasons to think we will improved. I’d rather hear the defense is ahead of the offense at this point. We have some weapons on offense returning from last year.
The offense has been freaking horrible for 14 years. And it's been muschamp bad the last 3. What hard drugs are you taking?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Two were by Lagway so it's not a big deal. The other, I'm guessing, was by another backup.
I knew Lagway would be a bust, just didn't want to rain on the positive feeling of landing a perceived next gen QB. Napier's compensation averages to about $1.2 million per win and I expect Lagway's NIL compensation of $250k per season to average to about $50 per interception.

On a serious note, is Lagway a running QB, or was he in HS? It seems like he's put on a lot of weight, just wondering if he was supposed to stay reasonably light and projected to be a duel threat type player.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I knew Lagway would be a bust, just didn't want to rain on the positive feeling of landing a perceived next gen QB. Napier's compensation averages to about $1.2 million per win and I expect Lagway's NIL compensation of $250k per season to average to about $50 per interception.

On a serious note, is Lagway a running QB, or was he in HS? It seems like he's put on a lot of weight, just wondering if he was supposed to stay reasonably light and projected to be a duel threat type player.
He's a pocket passer with wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator