Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey is absolutely on fire in this thread. I've been laughing my ass off for the last ten minutes.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ain't that the truth.

I lived on an Air Force Base and those people had it made. Great food, 2 people per room, people to clean their rooms & showers. I screwed up. I shoulda joined the AF. Those guys wake up every morning with no body aches.
When I was at Ft. Lewis Washington we'd go over to McChord AFB to see how the other half lived. LOL

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Ain't that the truth.

I lived on an Air Force Base and those people had it made. Great food, 2 people per room, people to clean their rooms & showers. I screwed up. I shoulda joined the AF. Those guys wake up every morning with no body aches.
I was riding one of the military shuttle buses that run around Korea from the airport into Seoul (to catch another bus to "schitland"), and for a solid hour, had to listen to two Air Force guys, one stationed at Osan, one at Kunsan, argue about who had it "rougher." I went to Osan once... I thought I'd died and gone to America! :facepalm: And when I was in Germany in the 80's, our AF ALO teams received $75 extra per month because our Army barracks weren't up to "tri-service standards"... FML.

$10 says one of those dudes in Korea was @Slug :lol:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
When I was at Ft. Lewis Washington we'd go over to McChord AFB to see how the other half lived. LOL
Yep. Same. When we would do PT in the mornings, we would run onto McCord and turn around in one of their barracks’ breezeways to go back. Those fkers weren’t even out of the bed yet most of the time

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In 86, days out of jump school and osut, my buddy and I were sent on a detail from Bragg to Pope AFB. We ended up eating there, too. It was so damn nice we were convinced we were in the officer mess accidentally. There were waiters for fuchsing E3s and E4s so we didnt have to get our drinks or carry our freaking trays. Wow.

Seriously though if I were talking to a young kid who just HAD to jump out of airplanes and wear a beret, I would send them to Air Force combat controller or PJ. Those guys have the life in barracks or on base, get whatever training they want to take as funding is basically unlimited, and kind of get their choice of assignments too. They're usually going where the hot stuff is and not stuck on a QRF.

Then again if you get in a battle supporting the Seals, they will leave you alone on a mountain and lie to claim that you were dead when they left you.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The offense has been freaking horrible for 14 years. And it's been muschamp bad the last 3. What hard drugs are you taking?
The offense is not nearly good enough, but this is a false statement and you know it. The offense under Napier is 50 freaking spots higher than it was under Muschamp. We look like the Greatest Show on Turf compared to those teams, which were ranked in the triple digits.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The offense is not nearly good enough, but this is a false statement and you know it. The offense under Napier is 50 freaking spots higher than it was under Muschamp. We look like the Greatest Show on Turf compared to those teams, which were ranked in the triple digits.
You mean we look like Kentucky, without the defense.

Billy Retawd was on the very short list for Mushchump's OC. I sure wish we had hired him then and flushed this turd a decade ago. Of course we probably would have ended up with Brent Peas as our current HC or something else just a stupid.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's clear to me you haven't had sex with a creature that is attractive to you in God knows how many years. Find a creature and get it done.
Peep his av, homie.
The offense is not nearly good enough, but this is a false statement and you know it. The offense under Napier is 50 freaking spots higher than it was under Muschamp.
Well, thank god for this differential, because when you compare to the two in real time on Saturdays they sure look the same. :rolleyes2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, thank god for this differential, because when you compare to the two in real time on Saturdays they sure look the same.
No they don't. Not at all. In the Muschamp years, when the other team scored a TD the game was over. It was that bad.

UF scored 30 points 7 times last year. The Muschamp teams scoring 30 points was a fantasy.

I know you're understandably butthurt about the current state of affairs, but you don't need to make stuff up to make your points. Leave that to Donkey.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
The reason every sees the 2nd year as the biggest improvement is players KNOW what they need / supposed to do and can play faster. 1/2 second faster is the difference between winning and getting blown out. What we saw in year 2 saddens me. We will see year 3 and if it looks like the last 2, its coaching.

I took a JV team that was getting blown out by 50 on a regular basis to losing by 15-20 in my first year. The second year we were undefeated conference champs and finished 7-2. The 2 losses were to bigger feeder schools but we beat our hated rivals for the first time in memory. Prior coaches were just going thru the motions. I simplified the O and D and everyone knew their job. they weren't great athletes. Had 30+ kids on the team, the most ever, but maybe 12-14 of them were football players. The key difference is they KNEW what to do and didn't looks to the sideline except to get a called blitz or a pass coverage. They knew if nothing was called, play the base D against the O formation and do your job.

Not worried about the new QB throwing late. While he is late, he is still figuring out the names of the receivers at this point.

A lot of times when Todd was here, we didn't know what to do, couldn't get lined up on time. Todd Grantham knows more about D than most every coach out there. That is evidenced by his scheme and the fact that NFL teams want him. Where he failed was in teaching a complicated scheme to college players who devote 20 hours a week to the process. Those players should already know how to line up without the sideline telling them. "If the O does this, we do this" based on their tendencies. Todd's teams played SLOW. some are just not cut out for the college game.

We have looked better overall on D last year, but we are seeing different types of mistakes. I hope that gets corrected this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No they don't. Not at all. In the Muschamp years, when the other team scored a TD the game was over. It was that bad.

UF scored 30 points 7 times last year. The Muschamp teams scoring 30 points was a fantasy.

I know you're understandably butthurt about the current state of affairs, but you don't need to make stuff up to make your points. Leave that to Donkey.
yeah I remember mocking Mushchump and wondering what he would do if he ever got 10 points ahead of a team. Would he bring in the backup QB with such a solid lead? Totally different than Retawd Billy getting up 12 -0 versus Clowntown and going into stallball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.