Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm flying my plane with family to the Bahamas that day.

Am I the only one that suspects CPA might be swept up in something less than legal? Suddenly has his own plane and is flying it to the Bahamas, undoubtedly with suitcases full of cash. Let’s enjoy him while we have him as he’s always been a favorite of the board.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The first 3rd down the last five games of 2022, were always a jet sweep. If Mrs Dougie knew it was happening, don't you think the other coaches knew it was happening.
and im with law on that it seems like we rarely give so its useless motion that fools nobody. of course i do remember once or twice where we did give and the motion guy ran right into the side of a scrawny player who got bull rushed back by a normal SEC size DE.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
and im with law on that it seems like we rarely give so its useless motion that fools nobody. of course i do remember once or twice where we did give and the motion guy ran right into the side of a scrawny player who got bull rushed back by a normal SEC size DE.
2023 was a rarer give, 2022, the first 3rd down of the last five games at least. My dad and her turned the play calling into a drinking game.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It should also be noted that Princely was widely criticized for being lazy, for taking plays off. So perhaps his words are a little bit of spilt milk and he's crying. But it's also fully believable and may be true.
Additionally, I think we've made more significant changes to the Defensive staff than what was said in that video.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It should also be noted that Princely was widely criticized for being lazy, for taking plays off. So perhaps his words are a little bit of spilt milk and he's crying. But it's also fully believable and may be true.
Additionally, I think we've made more significant changes to the Defensive staff than what was said in that video.
based on how the defense has performed top to bottom, and how poorly coached they all seem to be, i have a hard time believing this is all on an individual player. this staff is completely over their heads and have no business employed at this level.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
based on how the defense has performed top to bottom, and how poorly coached they all seem to be, i have a hard time believing this is all on an individual player. this staff is completely over their heads and have no business employed at this level.
You may be right but I, personally, don't like overarching and general aspersions against an entire group as there are often individual and micro changes that could be made that would benefit the whole. And I believe it's the responsibility of a coaching staff to find those micro issues and to correct them. Especially one that is self-admittedly an army of coaches led by a detail oriented Head Coach.

So this is either a player trying to hurt Florida's coaches to protect his own image OR is accurate, and therefore an over site, by our Defensive coaches that SHOULD be addressed and corrected immediately. If not sooner.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guilty until proven competent, I watched his 3/23(?) presser. He seems so FOS, like he's just making things up. Mostly coach speak.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I get your point but if we novices are belittling Princely's abilities as an edge rusher then I'm sure his coaches were also wondering why he wasn't more effective. So for his coaches to simply abide by his inabilities vs leaning forward just a little and coaching him up on technique then it does shock me a little.
Just because someone SHOULD know something doesn't mean they DO. And when losses keep piling AND you're known as a detail oriented army of coaches then someone somewhere should have wondered, "is there something we're missing or more we could do?"

This is embarrassing IMO. Even now, I wonder if our coaching staff is aware that this perception is out there and if so, what are they doing better to prevent it from happening. Hopefully, that young NFL coach we hired is looking at this. But, I doubt it.
I'm with you. Three years in, staff now has "their" players at DE/Edge. Talent and recruiting is no longer an excuse for this staff. I believe PU was not well coached, and I understand any player transferring away from this staff. But now Princely has to make it work, as does our staff.

How could a DE consistently make errors and not be trained out of it? Wouldn't a DL coach spend 30 minutes or an hour per week, per starting DL to teach from each player's film, if there were problems with in-game decision making and assignments? I honestly don't know, but that's training and development 101 in my view.

I can only imagine how uninspiring Simple's pre games are. Then the team has to play feeling they've been inadequately trained in practice, etc. I don't blame a kid for leaving, not one bit. When you have a coach that fails to inspire confidence, at some point you say "fuch it, I'm outta here".

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I can only imagine how uninspiring Simple's pre games are. Then the team has to play feeling they've been inadequately trained in practice, etc. I don't blame a kid for leaving, not one bit. When you have a coach that fails to inspire confidence, at some point you say "fuch it, I'm outta here".
To only the bolded, I've seen some of his pregames and they inspired me.
But, not everyone needs a "win one for the gipper" or "you've got 30 minutes for the rest of your lives" type speech every single game, each and every Saturday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one that suspects CPA might be swept up in something less than legal? Suddenly has his own plane and is flying it to the Bahamas, undoubtedly with suitcases full of cash. Let’s enjoy him while we have him as he’s always been a favorite of the board.
Yeah, and he also mentioned in another thread that his destination in the Bahamas is actually Norman's Cay. It makes it even more suspicious.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well here is the thing. I can certainly see both sides of it and the lack thereof on the coaching and his play. And we as fans definitely have seen the coaching on DL and Princely's laziness as well. Now it's on both parties to put up or shut up. UF, we'll see if the changes take place. And Princely lets see how you ramp it up or are you going to trot off the LOS on the snap as we witnessed many times. Sure not being coached is one thing, but laziness like we saw is a discipline and desire issue. I am sure one of the reasons he went to Ole Piss was for more of a disciplined coaching staff.......right!

So put up or shut up.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is pretty much how the fans view the theme of the entire football program this year. And it should be.
Totally agree.

What just burnz your azz is some whiny ass bytch that complains but his product on the field from strictly an effort standpoint is very much questionable.

But yes it is definitely show me or shove it time.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
How many wins against what is being called the toughest schedule in college football will give him more time as a Gator?
I believe 8 wins would be a good year and 7 wins will probably give him another year, 6 wins might save him , less than 6 the walls would come tumbling down.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
How many wins against what is being called the toughest schedule in college football will give him more time as a Gator?
I believe 8 wins would be a good year and 7 wins will probably give him another year, 6 wins might save him , less than 6 the walls would come tumbling down.
He is here for the duration of his contract, no matter what. I am expecting a 14 win season. Anything else is disappointing. Same as every year. Disappointing, non disheartening. Dem boyz are here to get an education, not play games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator