Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chatman tearing into their asses. Finally something worth seeing.

Btw - if Napier has told reporters off the record that this team is really good. It’s the first time he has said it in the couple years he’s been here.

The O Line, secondary, and LB coaches need to watch this and implement the getting on their asses approach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Winter Park? Bro, that is right down the way from me.....stop by hang out...we'll have some beers and stuff..

House Party Dancing GIF by Blackground Records 2.0

Well I meant West Palm/Jupiter. But another time for sure. I’d love to hang out while you constantly excuse yourself to the bathroom wondering if it’s the protein shake that you chased with 5 Krystal’s, a Fun Dip and bag of stale pork rinds, while also discussing the latest UCF football news in between lamenting the random pole sticking up in your back yard and other household repair issues you’re staring down. Sounds like a blast.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
One of the DL was on a podcast saying they never feel pressure and coaches don’t put pressure on them. Sounds right.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
One of the DL was on a podcast saying they never feel pressure and coaches don’t put pressure on them. Sounds right.
If true, pitiful. The staff has to be weak if it's news that we now have a position coach that pushes our DL to excel. Who would have thought?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If true, pitiful. The staff has to be weak if it's news that we now have a position coach that pushes our DL to excel. Who would have thought?
Good Lord. If I rolled my eyes any harder at these stupid posts, they might pop right out of my head.

You guys just jump on ANYTHING right now. A 20 second video clip of a coach yelling at his players (which is what good coaches do) drew all these absurd responses? Would you have preferred a clip of this position coach doing a lousy job instead of a good one?

You asshats don't WANT improvement. Not with this current staff. At least come out and admit it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good Lord. If I rolled my eyes any harder at these stupid posts, they might pop right out of my head.

You guys just jump on ANYTHING right now. A 20 second video clip of a coach yelling at his players (which is what good coaches do) drew all these absurd responses? Would you have preferred a clip of this position coach doing a lousy job instead of a good one?

You asshats don't WANT improvement. Not with this current staff. At least come out and admit it.
I would be happy to hear you blinded yourself. Carry on. But like it or not, there really is a "look, we have a coach that's working hard, acting like a coach, pushing his players, this is great!!!" essentially saying this is a new thing. Ask yourself, WTH was your beloved HC doing last season?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think you know what the problem is. This staff has proved that they are incapable of putting a winning team on the field. They have completely sucked since they have been here. Nobody at this point and time feels like they are able to turn it around. (Even you) They have shown absolutely nothing otherwise. I personally am glad that a coach got on someone's ass. Its 2 years too late but I really hope it means something. Personally I believe this staff will be gone by the end of the year. I would much rather they weren't. I want them to earn their money and build a winning team but the terrible coaching I have seen on every aspect of the team makes me very skeptical that anything changes now. There is very little reason to be excited about anything Gator football. You really shouldn't be angry at people who are negative. Show them a good reason not to be.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Angry Star Wars GIF by Mashed

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would be happy to hear you blinded yourself. Carry on. But like it or not, there really is a "look, we have a coach that's working hard, acting like a coach, pushing his players, this is great!!!" essentially saying this is a new thing. Ask yourself, WTH was your beloved HC doing last season?
What's worse is that I suspect at some point, this new position coach (don't care about his name like my sister's new boyfriend) will be called to Billy's office to discuss coaching philosophies.

Billy rattles off something along the lines of "here at UF we're trying to build young men relative to the sun shining on still water, right? We've been charged with a mission from God right, like this is a privilege, to develop leaders capable of changing culture relative to culture changing..."

As he walks out of the office confused, he looks at the Co-Assistant of Team Morale who is holding the door open for him, with a 'what was that about' expression? Without acknowledging him, the 20 year old chick with an iPad looks up without making eye contact and dryly says "stop yelling at the players"

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you know what the problem is. This staff has proved that they are incapable of putting a winning team on the field. They have completely sucked since they have been here. Nobody at this point and time feels like they are able to turn it around. (Even you) They have shown absolutely nothing otherwise. I personally am glad that a coach got on someone's ass. Its 2 years too late but I really hope it means something. Personally I believe this staff will be gone by the end of the year. I would much rather they weren't. I want them to earn their money and build a winning team but the terrible coaching I have seen on every aspect of the team makes me very skeptical that anything changes now. There is very little reason to be excited about anything Gator football. You really shouldn't be angry at people who are negative. Show them a good reason not to be.
We are the Gator Nation. There are going to be a lot of pissed off people at seasons end.

Either you're going to be pissed that Billy is winning and isn't going to be fired or that Billy is losing and he should never have been hired.

I believe him when he says this is the best team he has had since he has been here. I also think this will be the last year he will need to recruit as many portal players because his players will now be ready.

With two new OTs and moving George inside, we finally have a working O-Line. Our offense will be fine as long as Mertz doesn't get hurt.

The addition of Howard and the 3 transfer DBs will change the defense.
The subtraction of Mitchell and Kimber will change the defense.
Gates, Denton, K Jackson, Castell and Thorton being in year 2 will change the defense.

I'm Homer and I approve this message!

Donald Trump Rnc 2016 GIF

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We are the Gator Nation. There are going to be a lot of pissed off people at seasons end.

Either you're going to be pissed that Billy is winning and isn't going to be fired or that Billy is losing and he should never have been hired.

I believe him when he says this is the best team he has had since he has been here. I also think this will be the last year he will need to recruit as many portal players because his players will now be ready.

With two new OTs and moving George inside, we finally have a working O-Line. Our offense will be fine as long as Mertz doesn't get hurt.

The addition of Howard and the 3 transfer DBs will change the defense.
The subtraction of Mitchell and Kimber will change the defense.
Gates, Denton, K Jackson, Castell and Thorton being in year 2 will change the defense.

I'm Homer and I approve this message!
Nobody will be "pissed off" if he wins. For me, winning is 7 games and a bowl appearance, but 7 regular season wins. He was so high on the Defense last year pre season but in-season it was horrible. Who knows what to believe with Napier? That said, his win percentage at UF is less than .462. He says this is the best team he's had, but who knows what that means or how it translates to wins. There's hope, but not trust.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
20 second video clip of a coach yelling at his players (which is what good coaches do) drew all these absurd responses?
I honestly couldn't see anything in the video. the first rep by 88 looked just like the second rep to me. Maybe there was something in his facial expression or something that wasn't visible from that camera angle.

Every new coach is the best coach ever. Every new strength and conditioning program is better and the old one was terrible. We will say the same things about this guy once he's gone.

I definitely prefer to hear people yelling and yes cursing at a football practice. You cant be too much of a friend to the kids or they wont listen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes they will. A lot of people want him gone.

We were two plays away from being 7-5. Imagine how the off-season would look if we did that.
We would be preseason ranked.

And those two plays were a 4th and 17 surrendered with prevent defense, sitting at 5 wins and facing the best kicker in the league, and a missed FG because we backed ourselves up 5 yards by not having a functional ST’s unit. And both of those coaches/coordinators were retained. Probably the biggest reason for frustration and/or lack of confidence that there’ll be improvement, among the fanbase. That 5-7 record was entirely avoidable, and he not only allowed it to happen, but also kept the main two culprits on staff.

Also the what if game can also go the other way on at least three of our wins in 2022, including USF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes they will. A lot of people want him gone.

We were two plays away from being 7-5. Imagine how the off-season would look if we did that.
We would be preseason ranked.
Yeah, some day, just maybe, Retard Billy could somehow manage to be .... Ron Zook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.