Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
230 is better than 205-210 under Grantham. Spikes at 6-3 265 ish would have played DT under Grantham, maybe nose tackle.

it is hard to find a big guy that can run sideline to sideline. It's just as hard to find a little fast guy who can hit hard enough to take on a 220 lb running back or a 300 lb offensive guard.

So it brings me back to my original point that continuing to play these Big 12 style defenses is the problem. It hasn't even worked at Alabama the last few years. they have not been dominant. Even they have had trouble finding the dudes strong enough to play inside and fast enough to run to the sideline. Just switch back to 3 linebackers, a big Mike and two fast lighter outside backers, except on third and long or vs a pass happy team.
"We do our own evaluations" say all our losing staffs.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
I'm not paying for that chit either! I'm too busy paying for my "airplane expenses" and also had to start "paying for sex" per Ox's recommendation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not paying for that chit either! I'm too busy paying for my "airplane expenses" and also had to start "paying for sex" per Ox's recommendation.
Are you still saving up for your first-ever $50 donation?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Orange and blue game rosters released

Looks like the Blue has most of the first team offense and the Orange has most of the first team defense. I like that. Still, every play made either way will have an up side and a down side for the players involved.

What they really need is good film for coaching.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like the Blue has most of the first team offense and the Orange has most of the first team defense. I like that. Still, every play made either way will have an up side and a down side for the players involved.

What they really need is good film for coaching.
Looks to me that the blue team has better players overall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And coaching…
Mostly this. At least they are cheap.

Except that Jackoff guy. For some reason we are paying that GA over a million to learn on the job and prepare him for his next position coach job, probably in the Sunbelt.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was encouraging that Harbaugh made a huge push for him late that cycle. Frankly I thought it was a miracle we held on to him. That DB class could be incredible if they pan out.
We’re probably the deepest we’ve been there in a decade. Not sure whether the talent translates but the talent is there.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Was encouraging that Harbaugh made a huge push for him late that cycle. Frankly I thought it was a miracle we held on to him. That DB class could be incredible if they pan out.
Could be considered a favorite from the class because he's a guy that clearly wanted to be at UF. Go Aaron, go Gators. Need two guys that can play the position well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator