Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, he hast to be nearly the sole reason that we ultimately want BN to succeed. I don’t think he stays if they make a change and I’d love to see him spend 3+ years a Gator.

He makes Randall Cunningham and Warren moon look like Jamarcus. Goat material. Oh **** he just threw it straight at a linebacker

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He makes Randall Cunningham and Warren moon look like Jamarcus. Goat material. Oh **** he just threw it straight at a linebacker
I was waiting for him to force it. It’s been a bit of an issue in Camp. He’s got the season to work on it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Goat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I was impressed with Lagways arm and accuracy. He'll be a good understudy.

The RB unit is solid. Bough (sp) has really good vision. He looks better than Johnson (running... can he block? Catch out of the backfield?) 6' 237 lbs???

ST missed to FGs and had 10 men on D.

First half team had energy. Second half team looked lethargic.

I can't get excited . This team, under this coach , takes me back to the Carter Malaise days.

Last edited:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
First half team had energy. Second half team looked lethargic.
I had the sense that the Defenses may have been more effective in the second half.

But very hard to tell. The announcers talked a little about defensive players, but never about defensive PLAYS, except for the INTs. And of course the touch rules for QBs have an effect, both ways. Lagway would have had some longer runs with normal tackling rules.

I was encouraged that we had a number of receivers who had separation, which only Pearsol & EW!!! managed much of last year. But is that them, or the defense?

As always, the Spring Game is a Rorschact blot test that probbaly says more about your expectations than about how the players and coaches actually performed.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As always, the Spring Game is a Rorschact blot test that probbaly says more about your expectations than about how the players and coaches actually performed.

BINGO!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
EWIII looks great.
Mertz looks great.
Baugh looks like he’s going to be good
OL looks solid
Burke looks the best he’s looked since his frosh season.

Dike looks average. We need a transfer portal WR 2024 or teams are just going to focus on EWIII.
Could only listen radio. Mertz looked better? Not sure what that means in a Spring game but anything promising four months from season start seems good.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Spring game looked a little better than I expected. We may have some players who are gonna be good. Defense looked alot tighter. DJ looked better than I expected this early in the season. I hope Billy is smart enough to put some packages together for him. It could give us some added push in close games. Its hard to tell what we will actually look like but I think we see some decent improvement. I guess we shall see.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
Spring game looked a little better than I expected. We may have some players who are gonna be good. Defense looked alot tighter. DJ looked better than I expected this early in the season. I hope Billy is smart enough to put some packages together for him. It could give us some added push in close games. Its hard to tell what we will actually look like but I think we see some decent improvement. I guess we shall see.
Unfortunately we still can't count to 11 when it comes to making sure we have enough guys on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.